Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th August 2019, 20:26   #11
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Terrible to think that sort of scum walk amongst us.

Thankfully some do get caught - the scumbags that broke into and destroyed that model train exhibition a month or two ago have been caught, sent for trial and three of the four sentenced. The fourth will be sentenced in September.

It’s on their record now and will follow them for the rest of their lives. Now I’m all for giving people a second chance - but it seems our revolving door justice system gives many an infinite number of chances.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 13:18   #12
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Sub human toilet dwellers to put it politely.
Old 21st August 2019, 20:42   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Terrible to think that sort of scum walk amongst us.

Thankfully some do get caught - the scumbags that broke into and destroyed that model train exhibition a month or two ago have been caught, sent for trial and three of the four sentenced. The fourth will be sentenced in September.

It’s on their record now and will follow them for the rest of their lives. Now I’m all for giving people a second chance - but it seems our revolving door justice system gives many an infinite number of chances.
if they haven't then they should also be made to pay the cost of replacement and repair and that should have been part of the sentence.

I see "Their parents were ordered to pay £500 each in compensation for the damage – a total of £1,500. The fourth boy will be sentenced next month" whilst not the parents fault that still seems to leave a shortfall of £28,500 but when 4th boy sentenced that may change. Why should the victims pay?
You could argue that the parents too are the victims but alas as parents the responsibility is theirs and so they should cough up. I wonder if any of them offered to pay.

More than £107,000, including a £10,000 donation from model rail enthusiast Sir Rod Stewart, has been raised in a crowdfunding appeal to repair the exhibitions

macafee2

Last edited by macafee2; 21st August 2019 at 20:48..
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote