Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th January 2020, 10:38   #1
Dantheman
Avid contributor

rover75 2003 2.5V6 Connoisseur Auto

Default First long trip in a while - what a pleasure !

These days my 2.5 V6 auto tends to get used for relatively short trips when I need space for 4-5 passengers.

We needed to go down to North London from Manchester on Wednesday (unfortunately for a funeral), and as there were 4 of us I decided, why not give the ol' boy a bit of a workout (I'm into fitness these days).

A very pleasurable 386 mile return trip - very fortunate to get no traffic jams either way.

I was also surprised to use sub 50 litres - normally takes me around 55 litres, and I even did around 25 miles of "non motorway" driving. Perhaps all those 50 + 60mph zones help with the fuel economy?

A curious question: Google Maps says trip should have been 381 miles, but odometer shows 386 miles. I can sort of figure out where 1 mile extra would have come from - but what about the other 4 extra miles? Standard size 15 inch tyres, so it's not tyre size. Tyre inflation was 33 front/31 rear - that's what I find best for my car.

So is it that Google Maps is an estimate? Does switching lanes really cause a 4 mile difference? I know it's not much (1%) - just curious really.
Dantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2020, 12:07   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Any one way roads on trip?

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2020, 13:07   #3
Dantheman
Avid contributor

rover75 2003 2.5V6 Connoisseur Auto

Nope - the google map distances are made up of each journey - even the short 1 mile trips I did while in London. One overshoot where I had to go say 100 feet, make a U turn and come back. Some roads in two service areas where you clock on few bits - I added a mile for these things.

Just curious why numbers are off by 1% - not much - but I would have thought would have been pretty much spot on
Dantheman is offline   Reply With Quote