Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd July 2019, 08:10   #1
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts
Default Yella Fella needs a new home soon

I'm sorry to say that next week Yella Fella will be for sale after 10 years of ownership.

I have a few things to sort first before it can be sold like remove the private reg, change the class of vehicle (currently disabled), fit a new engine mount. I'll not be able to sort everything I want to so it will be sold with a few thing needing doing and this will be mentioned in the ad. I'll be posting it in the members car for sale section soon.

Yella Fella has taken us all over Scotland and down south and has been a real pleasure to own, drive and learn about MG'ing. It's been great attending events and meeting you guys over the years .

I'd love to keep it and restore it to become a "show car" but time, logistics and storage is working against me on that.

I've bought another car and will collect it on Saturday. Its not a MG I'm afraid but I did visit the MG showroom twice with a view to buying a new MG3, MGZS or delivery mileage GS but they just didn't grasp my attention the way the ZT did 10 years ago. So for the first time in 13 years there will be no MG on my driveway as I've gone all German with a Mercedes CLS 250 CDi AMG Sport with only 18,500 miles.

All the best, Yella Fella
Old 3rd July 2019, 08:12   #2
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

................ and I had a banana for breakfast!

Best of luck with the Merc. Don't be a stranger, keep popping in.
Old 3rd July 2019, 09:10   #3
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

No shortage of takers I'm sure, good luck with the new car, and stick around in here..

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
Old 3rd July 2019, 10:31   #4
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

No reason to leave the forum. I am sure you will pop in now and again. Nice car you have decided on, but hope you have deep pockets if anything goes ass upwards. What colour is it?
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:58   #5
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
No reason to leave the forum. I am sure you will pop in now and again. Nice car you have decided on, but hope you have deep pockets if anything goes ass upwards. What colour is it?
Im not 100% sure I'll need to check further but I think its Obsidion Black, code 197.
Old 3rd July 2019, 17:24   #6
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

These cars are getting older and sometimes you have to decide wether to keep going or look at something different and newer. Good luck with the Merc Glenn, I’m sure you will have people queuing up to buy the ZT as it’s a nice one.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2019, 17:50   #7
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yella Fella View Post
I'm sorry to say that next week Yella Fella will be for sale after 10 years of ownership.

I have a few things to sort first before it can be sold like remove the private reg, change the class of vehicle (currently disabled), fit a new engine mount. I'll not be able to sort everything I want to so it will be sold with a few thing needing doing and this will be mentioned in the ad. I'll be posting it in the members car for sale section soon.

Yella Fella has taken us all over Scotland and down south and has been a real pleasure to own, drive and learn about MG'ing. It's been great attending events and meeting you guys over the years .

I'd love to keep it and restore it to become a "show car" but time, logistics and storage is working against me on that.

I've bought another car and will collect it on Saturday. Its not a MG I'm afraid but I did visit the MG showroom twice with a view to buying a new MG3, MGZS or delivery mileage GS but they just didn't grasp my attention the way the ZT did 10 years ago. So for the first time in 13 years there will be no MG on my driveway as I've gone all German with a Mercedes CLS 250 CDi AMG Sport with only 18,500 miles.

All the best, Yella Fella
The CLS is most likely going to be my purchase - I am after the original 2010 model 3.0 V6 with the Brabus tune as standard fitment. Found one with FSH and just 46k miles last week but, unfortunately, it sold before I could get to view it.

Would be useful to have your first-hand assessment the CLS.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2019, 19:54   #8
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Good luck with the new car I'm sure you will love it every bit as yella
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2019, 20:45   #9
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

I’m shocked Glenn but good luck with the sale, someone is going to get a beautiful motor
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2019, 08:14   #10
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
These cars are getting older and sometimes you have to decide wether to keep going or look at something different and newer. Good luck with the Merc Glenn, I’m sure you will have people queuing up to buy the ZT as it’s a nice one.
Hi Mark. Yes that's where Im at with the ZT. There is loads of years left in the car (84K mikes) but my free time has reduced because I have taken on extra work for Police Scotland including weekends. So the time I had to tinker or carry out maintenance has gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
The CLS is most likely going to be my purchase - I am after the original 2010 model 3.0 V6 with the Brabus tune as standard fitment. Found one with FSH and just 46k miles last week but, unfortunately, it sold before I could get to view it.

Would be useful to have your first-hand assessment the CLS.
Yes, I'll post up my findings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Good luck with the new car I'm sure you will love it every bit as yella
Cheers Simon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
I’m shocked Glenn but good luck with the sale, someone is going to get a beautiful motor
Cheers Les. See you at Glamis if you are going next week.