Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th January 2020, 14:15   #10691
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I had my car retested in August so that I can get it ready for MOT during the summer months. Much better than crawling around underneath in the winter months. A good fettle in July/August usually gets me through the winter months with no problems.
I did this with my previous MG ZS. MOT shifted from Dec to September, giving me all summer to fix up. I'm tempted to do the same with the ZT, but not got around to it yet. I could live to regret it in future years if it fails on suspension components etc...
Old 19th January 2020, 14:18   #10692
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Removed the back box ready for fitting later today, prepared the area above the back box and coated it with black waxyol spray.

Cutting through the exhaust pipe.
Why did you cut, are the bolts seized? Presumably the bolts will need to come off anyway to fit the new BB?
Old 19th January 2020, 17:57   #10693
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Managed to finally stop the diesel leak from the injectors, I had to recut the seats, and replace weak thread in the head too.

Old 19th January 2020, 18:41   #10694
Andy24601
Regular poster

Rover saloon

Default It's raining again...

I fitted my new (to me) wiper stalk switch and now wipers work with the rain sensor (I assumed the sensor would be the fault, but no...).
Love my 'newbie' nomenclature - bought my '75 three months ago and since then I've:
replaced all four brake discs, handbrake shoe assemblies, brake pads, brake shields, fitted modified handbrake compensator, new rear lens seals, sealed in the side trims, replaced the reversing sensors and ECU, replaced heated element in driver's seat, fitted heated elements in rear seats, fitted rear screen blind, fitted cruise control, faffed around with the TOAF software, replaced fan motor resistor, recharged a/c, repaired the driver's set foam, fitted after-market stereo complete with graphic equaliser, new rear speakers and subwoofer, sprayed everything and anything with rust converter and bilt hamber inhibitor, spent any and all spare(?) cash on the car and set my alarm so I can check my plenum chambers on an hourly basis. But, as my mother would say, "if you can say what you've done, you can't have done much". Now, if only she had offered up some advice on not buying old British cars sight unseen off of ebay...
Andy24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2020, 20:05   #10695
Andy24601
Regular poster

Rover saloon

Default how true...

Ah yes, I previously owned an old Renault Megane - any job on that required a level of manual dexterity only normally available to triple-jointed contortionists with tiny hands but the grip and strength of an angered orangutan on steroids. In comparison, everything on the '75 comes apart with relative ease (unless rusted solid of course).
Andy24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2020, 20:12   #10696
Odd Job
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.0 cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy24601 View Post
I fitted my new (to me) wiper stalk switch and now wipers work with the rain sensor (I assumed the sensor would be the fault, but no...).
Love my 'newbie' nomenclature - bought my '75 three months ago and since then I've:
replaced all four brake discs, handbrake shoe assemblies, brake pads, brake shields, fitted modified handbrake compensator, new rear lens seals, sealed in the side trims, replaced the reversing sensors and ECU, replaced heated element in driver's seat, fitted heated elements in rear seats, fitted rear screen blind, fitted cruise control, faffed around with the TOAF software, replaced fan motor resistor, recharged a/c, repaired the driver's set foam, fitted after-market stereo complete with graphic equaliser, new rear speakers and subwoofer, sprayed everything and anything with rust converter and bilt hamber inhibitor, spent any and all spare(?) cash on the car and set my alarm so I can check my plenum chambers on an hourly basis. But, as my mother would say, "if you can say what you've done, you can't have done much". Now, if only she had offered up some advice on not buying old British cars sight unseen off of ebay...
That's quite a list! Well done!

### MG STANDS FOR "MY GREMLIN" !!!
Odd Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2020, 22:40   #10697
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Fitted new battery, and swapped the .75mm spark plugs back in.

Thought about taking the throttle body off to see if there's anything wrong with it that might explain the blip at 1500rpm and occasional sticking at 2000rpm but decided to leave it for another day.
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2020, 23:33   #10698
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
Why did you cut, are the bolts seized? Presumably the bolts will need to come off anyway to fit the new BB?
What /which bolts are you referring to, I have only changed the original back box, therefore the bolts needed to be undone would have been the ones round the hanger but that too was past it's best.

I finished adding the new back box today and the rest of the undersealing, tomorrow I am going to clean up the arms and give them a coat of paint, I am getting it ready for it's MOT in April.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2020, 23:53   #10699
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Did a belt and braces repair on the numberplate lamp PCB, threw away the LED lamps, and fitted proper festoon bulbs

All that remains is to see if it lasts longer than the last time

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2020, 02:52   #10700
Pueblo_Boy
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Fitted Heck windshields to the Tourer. They don't provide enough of the little metal clips that hold the plastic away from fouling the window glass. But then again, they haven't fallen out yet!

Also purchased more oil and an oil filter for the annual oil change - would be 3 or more years before I would go the recommended 15,000 miles between changes, so I've decided to make it an annual event
Interior Trim Sports PPH Black, but now with real walnut wooden trim!
One of only 20 on the road!
Pueblo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote