Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd December 2019, 18:07   #11
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Successful trial fit of the new dials for redfive. Also trialing out these new red needles I've done to see how well they work/last

The LEDs behind the dials have been converted to red, and the ipk screen and bottom mileage/trip screen has been converted to blue. Alarm light and cruise control symbol also converted to blue

How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2019, 18:09   #12
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
Can you put up the original design for Red 5 I did about 4 years back Rick, it should be in the files I gave you... I always liked that dial set..
Here's the original dials you designed for redfive Pete.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg redfive_old_dials.jpg (20.6 KB, 40 views)
Old 23rd December 2019, 22:10   #13
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

That's the ones Rick... I did always like the way the playing card looked...
Old 24th December 2019, 11:17   #14
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
Few may believe this but one of the main reasons I bought my first R75 was because of the colour and character of the OEM dials. They're subtle and entirely in keeping wih the design of the rest of the car, which is supposed to be Retro Traditional Solidly English. My V6 has black which I dislike.

Dave
Dave what is your car? Mk1 or MK2, 75 or ZT? lowline or message centre IPK fitted? finally PM me with the details along with your address and I'll send you an original overlay.

How does that sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
That would be logical.... unlike someone who buys a car with custom dials fitted to it clearly photographed in the add to see and clearly noted in the add, and then endlessly moans about how he doesn't like them...
Sorted hopefully, these are not to everyone's tastes, personally I prefer the OEM look myself in fact, but this is not something to get upset over Rick

You can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, and for some there can be no pleasing

Merry Christmas

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2019, 11:25   #15
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

When I bought Redfive back from Ian the custom dials had been removed. No idea why. Still have Bananas designed and fitted by Klarzy.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2019, 12:11   #16
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Dave what is your car? Mk1 or MK2, 75 or ZT? lowline or message centre IPK fitted? finally PM me with the details along with your address and I'll send you an original overlay.

How does that sound?

Sorted hopefully, these are not to everyone's tastes, personally I prefer the OEM look myself in fact, but this is not something to get upset over Rick

You can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, and for some there can be no pleasing

Merry Christmas

Brian

Brian you may remember this is the moron who gave me an absolute nightmare after buying my old 75 with all my mods on it and is still to this day moaning that he doesn't like the car.
Old 24th December 2019, 22:15   #17
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Brian you may remember this is the moron who gave me an absolute nightmare after buying my old 75 with all my mods on it and is still to this day moaning that he doesn't like the car.
for some there can be no pleasing Rick

I don't understand, if he didn't like the car, why on earth did he buy it?

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2019, 22:51   #18
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Oh dear, oh dear . . .

Purely in the interests of truth and accuracy . . . this moron (who paid your full asking price by the way) congratulated you on your rescue and preparation on what apparently was a shabby car . . . but on getting the car home and popping it into my local garage, found I had driven it 70 odd miles in a highly dangerous condition. It cost me £1000 to make safe, and despite several courteous requests to you to contact the Wickford MOT garage you did nothing nor have ever apologised. After repeated phone calls from me eventually the garage coughed up £250.

Anyone bored yet?

And finally re my quaint and probably irrational preference for the OEM instrument dials - but what do old morons know? - I can do no better than quote Richard Woolley, R75 Designer I believe:

"Although the official company line was that the dashboard design was ‘radical’, it was clear that upper management wanted to pursue a policy of ‘retro’. Many observers have claimed that this was due to BMW’s insistance that Rover should move in this direction, but accompanying Richard Woolley’s move in this direction for the exterior, was a real desire to do something similar with the instrumentation.
One Engineer, who worked on the project from its early days in Canley, said: ‘Clearly the cockpit/instruments styling package is a cause for debate. I can still hear Nick Stephenson, back in our Canley days, stating that a retro image (i.e., the 1960s) was something that we should aim for when formulating the R40.
‘This idea of retro was a key element in the strategy of appealing to the type of buyer who has made plenty of money, and would like to spend their money on a car with a ‘classic’ image. Although, the Designers, thought P6 when they formulated the R40’s instruments, I always felt their style/colours went back to the 1930s.’

In my view the R75 is a Design Classic - count the number of ovoids and curves carried through the entity - but each to their own. Happy Christmas to R75 owners, without exception, everywhere.
Old 28th December 2019, 22:34   #19
Rick-sta
This is my second home

lol here you go again taking out your back side as usual.

Ok where to start. cost you £1000? more like £865.51 per your email to the MOT garage of which £250 was reimbursed so you had to spend £615.51. But good effort at adding up, £1000 is close enough. And I guess you forgot to mention how you booked all the jobs in with your expensive garage and agreed to have the work done and just pinged the bill my way telling me you want it paid immediately, without consulting me or getting cheaper realistic quotes. Guess you don't mind the price when you think you're going to get someone else to just pay for it for you.

But hey, we all know your math is a bit rusty since we all saw you wanted me to write you a signed receipt for £3,050 for a car you paid £2500 for ey....

Speaking of " truth and accuracy", guess I'll just refer everyone to post 16 here which shut you up last time. all I've mentioned above + more is all documented there: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...=290499&page=2

Long read but exposes Dave for the complete p*ss taking prat he is.

I love the emphasis you put on "who paid your full asking price by the way" when your first message to me when you saw the add for the car for sale was... in your own words "Your beautiful Connie is so cheap > All those hours >>> if you ever do a ZT + 190 V6 to similar spec please let me know. But charge the proper price...".

Nice screen shot of that message:

So Dave here saw the car as a bargain, but yeah you pat yourself on the back for paying the add price. lol what a joker!

And on top of that, you ask me to change the gearbox oil and also inject the sills with bilt hamber dynax for you for when you collect the car FOR FREE!

And then you ask me to drive the car half way round the M25 to Guildford station for you to collect there as you couldn't be bothered to go all the way from Somerset to Thurrock to collect the car, and you ask me to do this AFTER agreeing to buy it AGAIN AT NO ADDITIONAL COST. And so that I had a way to get back home, I had to take the 75 + my fiance in her car on a 2 hour drive to Guildford + spend an hour or so there whilst you look at the car and take it for a test drive and then another 2 hours drive home. So a complete day lost for myself and my fiance + the cost of fuel for 2 cars. And let's not mention you almost causing an accident with your sudden last minute harsh braking to pull off a 70mph dual carriage way almost causing my fiance in her fiesta following behind getting rear ended by the car behind her! Didn't even get a thanks for it.

And then if that wasn't enough, you continuously message me insisting I pay for a spare key for the car after buying the car and collecting it!

But yeah you congratulate yourself for paying the add price. Idiot.

I owe you no apology, you are a complete and utter T*OSSER!

and here you go again waffling on as usual. nice paragraph of copy and paste that has nothing to do with my post about my custom dials for MY ZT. You must love the sound of your fingers tapping away on your keyboard.

It's actually quite laughable how you go on about retro dials and that you don't like your dials because they're black. Funny that because I remember a large majority of retro cars having black dial faces. What's even more laughable is how you're going on about your dials not looking retro... when the dials in your car are just black inverse versions of the factory mk1 75 dials! Apart from the additional rover 75 logo and the black inverting, the design is completely identical to the factory dials!

Here's the dials fitted to the 75.

You can whine and try and sound as clever as you want about the design of the dials, you're still the complete and utter idiot who bought a car with them fitted with the dials clearly visible in the add with close up pics and also stated as a key point in the sale add when you don't like them! Same goes for other mods on the car you don't like.

And if you don't like them so much, in stead of posting boring whining comments on my thread, just change the dials back to factory ones you've had 13 months to do it!

Seriously there's no end to Dave's serial whining, soon after collecting the car he realised he doesn't even like the v6 auto which somehow was my fault as well! he's still moaning about it not being a fast car to this day. See his thread here: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=297782

Let's also not mention the 41 days gap between MOTs after it expired on 25th July and wasn't MOT'd again until 4th September. but was still being used... Quite hypocritical after complaining about the MOT I had done whilst I had the car 3 months and over 2k miles before you bought the car.

Get a life you miserable whiny pathetic man. 13 months on and you're still going on and making yourself look like a prat. So sad you're on here making long pathetic posts like that on Christmas Day got nothing better to do even on Christmas Day I see.

MissMoppet... more like MissMuppet.

Keep off my posts.