Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th December 2019, 21:32   #21
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Haven’t looked at any of your links,but yes it’s coming out of the relief valve. The Baxi man said the e v was filling with water, causing the pressure build up, in my o p the pressure was getting to high, and I suspect the pipe was blocked, as after the first visit for this fault, there was a pool of water underneath it The engineer said the e v would fill up with water, causing over pressure, the safety valve would then open and dump the water,vresulting in loss of pressure. I topped the system up to about 1.8 Bar this morning and the heating has been on all day until about 2 hours ago, pressure remained static all day, I just checked prior to typing and have switched the heating back on, pressure has dropped slightly to 1.5/1.6 Bar. I will be monitoring it closely and the first sign of a drop, I’m getting straight back on to Baxi, as I don’t want to be left with no heating or hot water over Xmas. Especially as my 87 year old mother is coming to us for Xmas.
Old 15th December 2019, 22:22   #22
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

O P?
make sure there is no air in the system as this may cause pressure discrepancies

maafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2019, 07:37   #23
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Haven’t looked at any of your links,but yes it’s coming out of the relief valve. The Baxi man said the e v was filling with water, causing the pressure build up, in my o p the pressure was getting to high, and I suspect the pipe was blocked, as after the first visit for this fault, there was a pool of water underneath it The engineer said the e v would fill up with water, causing over pressure, the safety valve would then open and dump the water,vresulting in loss of pressure. I topped the system up to about 1.8 Bar this morning and the heating has been on all day until about 2 hours ago, pressure remained static all day, I just checked prior to typing and have switched the heating back on, pressure has dropped slightly to 1.5/1.6 Bar. I will be monitoring it closely and the first sign of a drop, I’m getting straight back on to Baxi, as I don’t want to be left with no heating or hot water over Xmas. Especially as my 87 year old mother is coming to us for Xmas.

Is 1.8 bar the pressure they recommend to fill too when the system is cold? This seems a bit on the high side as when the system warms up the pressure will rise and could open the relief valve depending what pressure it opens at (commonly they are 2.5 bar). However thereafter having done it once that should be it and the system should then be OK.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2019, 07:55   #24
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
Is 1.8 bar the pressure they recommend to fill too when the system is cold? This seems a bit on the high side as when the system warms up the pressure will rise and could open the relief valve depending what pressure it opens at (commonly they are 2.5 bar). However thereafter having done it once that should be it and the system should then be OK.
No , it just went that high because of the angle I was operating the fill taps.,