Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st August 2019, 18:15   #11
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I looked to have an agreed value policy on the classic cooper S this year as I thought the value was under valued. I paid the fees and sent the photos with a selection of ‘similar’ cars that were for sale. I say similar, they were a similar age and mileage. Mine is one of around 10 cars by John Cooper and in fact mine is number 1 of the 10. The result was they declined the value I thought it should be and suggested their own value which was about 2k higher than it originally was and nowhere near enough to replace what I have. I have a friend with a mini who did an engine swap and the same company agreed a value of 30k! Seemed to be no logic to their decision

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2019, 10:19   #12
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

It’s been a up hill struggle to get the valuation required. Most independent companies do not recognise the ZT as being a “classic”, seems it needs to be at least 25 years old.
My current insurer, Lancaster, have said that I need to reinsure Banana with them, I’ve currently got the multi vehicles insurance with them. But the premium will start at over £1k if I want to insure the car for £7,500. Plus £750 excess. Think that’s a bit steep.

One independent valuation company wanted me to send them a fee of £345 before they would come and look at the car but they could not promise that the car would be worth it. And no return of any or part of the fee. And I have read the small print in there bumf.

So she is still currently insured for £3,500 so it looks like I’ll have to leave it at that.

Many thanks for the advice, links and tips.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2019, 12:03   #13
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I’m not a multi vehicle insurance fan, all mine are separately insured. It’s a bit more leg work but I find it more competitive. My mini is with Adrian flux who don’t just do classics. Might be worth a phone call one your renewal is due

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote