Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th June 2020, 08:58   #471
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Cannot believe it is two years since I started reading your "journey". Think I have enjoyed it almost as much as you! Had hoped to meet you in person at MG/Triumph day at Stoneleigh, but other things got in the way. Oh well, one day....
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2020, 12:21   #472
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Seems I have started a trend.........................

......................................... Of pulling up roots and moving.

My two cousins, Christine and Keith, have lived in Hackney East London all their lives but now have decided to move out to Harold Wood Essex. Christine said to me on the phone that I had been there inspiration, they thought if I could do it then so could they. So next Tuesday they move. Christine has a son, RJ, and he is going with them. Christine is semi retired, Keith is a civilian in the Met Police and RJ is a railway engineer.

It's very doubtful that we will ever meet up again, but then we have never been that close. I saw them last year, I had to travel to them. Previous to that was back in 2016, when along with my late brother we attended the funeral of their Mum, our Aunt Doreen.

And a family around the corner to me down here moved out today, they have been here since 1980. I had to move Banana so that the removal lorry could swing round, and seeing what a pigs ear the driver made of turning round, I'm glad I moved her.
Still not venturing out very far mainly either going to Tesco's, the butchers or the garden centre.

So the gardens have been getting some extra TLC. Back in 2004 our friends, Sue & Terry, gave Val and I a potted Rose plant called a "Friendship Rose". Well that miniature Rose is still going strong, still in the original square pot we put it in. And I can safely say I have never seen so many buds on the plant, must be nearly 40 flowering and waiting to flower.

There is a beautiful lily, I don't remember planting the bulb nor did it flower last year. The 5 Clematis are still going well, two have flowered.. As for the strawberry plants they obviously love the Cornish sun, and rain. Never seen the leaves grow so large, plenty of fruit coming off as well.

I can listen to Dame Vera Lynn all day, there is something about her voice that just draws me. Sad that to hear the news today that she has sadly passed away but at 103 that is a very good innings. I never got to meet her although I did attend a couple of private concerts that she sang at.

So keep safe and we will all meet again.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments. A few photo's follow........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4729.jpg (159.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4728.jpg (145.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4730.jpg (141.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4727.jpg (136.4 KB, 19 views)

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2020, 21:17   #473
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Cannot believe it is two years since I started reading your "journey". Think I have enjoyed it almost as much as you! Had hoped to meet you in person at MG/Triumph day at Stoneleigh, but other things got in the way. Oh well, one day....
Maybe we will meet next year. Till then keep safe.

onen hag oll
Old 19th June 2020, 10:02   #474
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Maybe we will meet next year. Till then keep safe.
Hope it's more definite than maybe! Stay safe, and keep posting.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2020, 14:08   #475
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Good to see that the electricity people...................

................................. are on the ball and that their records are up to date. Just had a phone call about the order I put in for a new Smart meter in 2017 When I lived in Barkingside. The voice on the phone also said that my electrics were out of date and would need to be replaced before the Smart meter could be installed.

I waited till the voice said, “Can we make an appointment to come in to have a look to see what needs to be done. We would then have to make another appointment for the work to be carried out. So when would be convenient for you Mr Burgess? The earliest date we have available is in August 2020”. This was all said in one breath. I very politely explained that I had moved away in 2018 and that the people that had bought the flat had had the place rewired and no doubt had a Smart meter fitted.

The voice then asked me, “well who done the work then?”. I politely replied that I had no idea as I no longer lived there. It fell on deaf ears. “You must know who carried out the work”, was there reply. I replied that what part of ‘ I have moved out in June 2018’ don’t you understand. I then hung up. The voice rang back and left me a voicemail explaining that they still wanted to make an appointment to come a fit a Smart meter.

Now I have the mobile number of the people that bought my flat, so I phoned and spoke to the chap. Told him about the Smart meter. He said we ripped out all the wiring before we moved in as we changed the flat back to how it was when it was built. We also put a new room into the loft. So we had a Smart meter installed at the same time.

I’m now waiting on another phone call from the Smart meter people, they are bound to phone again. But it’s good to see that my order is in the system and their records are all up to date and they have my best interests to heart.

Thanks for reading. Keep safe.

onen hag oll
Old 21st June 2020, 10:52   #476
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Re your late Godson’s estate Bob, as others have said the first whiff of money turns people into devils. I have experienced similar with my late aunt’s estate, thankfully after being sent a copy of the will by the solicitor, they settled down and accepted what was what.
Old 21st June 2020, 17:24   #477
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
................................. are on the ball and that their records are up to date. Just had a phone call about the order I put in for a new Smart meter in 2017 When I lived in Barkingside. The voice on the phone also said that my electrics were out of date and would need to be replaced before the Smart meter could be installed.

I waited till the voice said, “Can we make an appointment to come in to have a look to see what needs to be done. We would then have to make another appointment for the work to be carried out. So when would be convenient for you Mr Burgess? The earliest date we have available is in August 2020”. This was all said in one breath. I very politely explained that I had moved away in 2018 and that the people that had bought the flat had had the place rewired and no doubt had a Smart meter fitted.

The voice then asked me, “well who done the work then?”. I politely replied that I had no idea as I no longer lived there. It fell on deaf ears. “You must know who carried out the work”, was there reply. I replied that what part of ‘ I have moved out in June 2018’ don’t you understand. I then hung up. The voice rang back and left me a voicemail explaining that they still wanted to make an appointment to come a fit a Smart meter.

Now I have the mobile number of the people that bought my flat, so I phoned and spoke to the chap. Told him about the Smart meter. He said we ripped out all the wiring before we moved in as we changed the flat back to how it was when it was built. We also put a new room into the loft. So we had a Smart meter installed at the same time.

I’m now waiting on another phone call from the Smart meter people, they are bound to phone again. But it’s good to see that my order is in the system and their records are all up to date and they have my best interests to heart.

Thanks for reading. Keep safe.
Incredible how folk just don't listen.

The Smart Meter People obviously don't employ Smart People.-----------
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2020, 17:30   #478
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
I waited till the voice said, “Can we make an appointment to come in to have a look to see what needs to be done. .
Are you sure that wasn't a nuisance caller, trying to make a sales appointment, to sell you some rewiring or a new consumer unit. It reads that way, especially the persistance.

The smart meter installers just make an appointment, turn up when you are in and do the deed.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 15:30   #479
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Are you sure that wasn't a nuisance caller, trying to make a sales appointment, to sell you some rewiring or a new consumer unit. It reads that way, especially the persistance.

The smart meter installers just make an appointment, turn up when you are in and do the deed.
No, they were wanting to install the SMART meter in my old flat. It did need re-wiring, it was last done in 1972.

And they have been on the phone again. This time I spoke to a very nice lady. I explained that I had moved and told her that the new people had in fact had the flat rewired and a SMART meter was fitted.
The lady apologised about the previous caller. I asked why it had taken so long to contact me. She said that they had written to me numerous times but getting no reply my request was put on the back burner. But now they were going through these “on hold” requests to see if any follow ups were needed.

She assured me that they would not be contacting me again as she said “that my request” had been dealt with. And it was no longer on their system. We shall see, bound to get another call. (All the phone calls were to my mobile).

Roger, my late god sons brother, will not be returning to Brazil till August now. The COVID-19 situation in Brazil is still at the high risk level. But I’m hoping for us to meet up in a fortnights time. He will be bringing his niece with him, been awhile since I’ve seen her. Roger will also be bringing the item/s that his brother left me in his will. Got an ideal it maybe some camera equipment, but must not speculate otherwise I might be disappointed.

My late god sons ex-wife has had two more charges added to the list. Unlawful destruction of personal stuff and the unlawful removal of valuable jewellery. It seems her two accomplices have turned against her and dropped her right in it. I have no sympathy for her at all.

My friend, Steve, in Italy phoned to say that his wife is now home but still not fully recovered yet. Steve has had a crash course in home nursing, all new to him. Made me laugh when he told me some of the things he has had to learn. I reminded him that I knew what he was going through as I had looked after my late wife for 11 months. Good days outnumbered the bad days.

Banana is still behaving but the Bear is the one back in the workshop after our spring breaking last Saturday. I’m just counting my blessings that it broke at a slow (ish!) speed rather than me travelling at Warp Factor 3 up the M5, as I should have been last Thursday. We were due to be joining the Cornwall MGOC for the long weekend away to Wales. Hate to think what would have happened if the tyre had a blowout after the spring broke.

Still here, and that’s the main thing.

Many thanks for reading and the kind comments.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 29th June 2020 at 15:32.. Reason: Spellin’
Old 29th June 2020, 16:27   #480
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Incredible how folk just don't listen.

The Smart Meter People obviously don't employ Smart People.-----------

The smart meter installers maybe smarter that you think - a guy up the road works for Eon and his company van has not moved from outside his front door since March.

4 months sitting at home on full pay.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote