Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th December 2019, 17:38   #1
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Default Selling as spares or repairs

NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
Gone but not forgotten....

52 plate Auto CDTi in Royal Blue (jfm), MOT'd to end Jan 2020 with 101000 miles on the clock.

***Now SORNED ***

Selling due to work commitments and personal circumstances that make it difficult for me to justify investing the time and money needed to return the car to being a good daily use 75.

The car has been barely used since June but starts easily and drives smoothly.
All electrics work though the passenger front window is temperamental. The car has a rear blind, auto wipers and auto dimming mirror, 6 cd changer in glovebox, heated sandstone electric memory leather seats, recent cruise control kit.
Spares to be included with the car are.... Left hand drive steering column (10k miles), EGR, manifold and gasket set, new front and rear pagid brake pads, good used diesel engine mount, fuel and air filters, FBH with faulty PCB, 4x16 inch alloy wheels (in decent condition) with scrap tyres on, front and rear sets of calipers for refurbishment- including new bleed nipples, used TI Automotive UBP, and various other odds and ends.

The car recently had the OSF spring break at the top while being started and moved after a period parked up... pictures of this below. As to whether the car is driveable- this is not my decision to make.
A t4 session to determine the cause of the airbag light will be neccesary- but I believe all of the other work needed is do-able by someone used to working on these cars.

Please PM me for further details. The car is located near Falkirk, Scotland.

£135.00 and she's yours.

Have attached pictures but not the easiest shot to get. Thanks for interest so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snapped spring - strut top.jpg (113.3 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg snapped spring top.jpg (127.0 KB, 113 views)

Last edited by bigblue75; 8th January 2021 at 19:18.. Reason: Car sold to autosalvage operator
bigblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2019, 10:56   #2
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Default A wee bit more

I have been asked for photos of the car. The weather here isn't great and photos aren't going to show much.

Would rather anybody local who is happy to view it on behalf of another club member do so and provide an independent, honest assessment of the car.

Apart from the parking sensors on the rear bumper needing touched in, the front bumper being a bit rough and the bonnet having a few stone chips the paintwork on the car is pretty good for a seventeen year old car.
When I bought the car I removed the front mudflaps and cleaned/ prepped and treated the area underneath before replacing. The leaks into the boot of the car were found and fixed. The car was cleaned, clay mitted, colour polished (twice) and topped up last January.
The discs, pads and shoes were renewed when bought, since then the front rear wishbone bushes and track rod ends replaced- tracking was done at this time, new exhaust from flexi to rear and servicing ahead of schedule done.

The underside of the car is where most attention will be needed for a long term keeper- if I had somewhere I could park up the car and work on the car when time permitted then I would not be contemplating giving the car up.

Last edited by bigblue75; 7th January 2020 at 18:53.. Reason: first post amended
Old 7th January 2020, 19:01   #3
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Default Price reduced

Price reduced, posts amended, Bump.
Old 30th May 2020, 18:23   #4
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Default Very nearly a year...

What originally started as a six month contract became nine months and then twelve months. And thanks to HMRC and covid-19 it isn't over yet.

Last chance for members. The car could be a worthwhile project to somebody or a very nearly fully loaded source of spares. Please bear in mind that the car now hasn't moved in nearly six months.

I will be (thankfully) having a week home towards the middle of June and before returning to work in Plymouth will have let go of my 75. Please PM me should you be interested, I'll be happy to hear from you.

Last edited by bigblue75; 30th May 2020 at 18:27..
Old 30th May 2020, 18:29   #5
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Default Very nearly a year...

and she started first turn of the key on December 23rd!

Admittedly, I was starting her up so she could be uplifted more easily by the local auto parts salvage outfit. She is still sitting in front of the garage as I was called later that day to be told that the car couldn't be collected as the recovery truck had lost a driveshaft on an earlier pickup... as we are now in lockdown III it seems she'll be with me a little longer still.

As previously posted, anybody interested and able to collect from Falkirk, Scotland is welcome to get in touch regarding taking on the car. As well as starting easily, she appears to be dry inside, even after sitting outside for around 12 months.

Last edited by bigblue75; 28th December 2020 at 18:34.. Reason: fate doing its thing