Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th October 2023, 16:44   #1
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Default Injector problem - petrol

I sent my injectors from a 2001 KV6 2-litre off to be cleaned. The engine had not run for a while, there was a lot of brown petrol deposits around the fuel rail O-rings and I suspected the interior of the injectors similarly contaminated.
The injectors were returned as he was unable to clean them, he gave his reasons -

"I had asssumed from the photos that thy were a variant of the Lucas Disc but were in fact made by Siemens Deka. Not an exact injector I had seen before but have had trouble with Siemens Deka injectors in the past, after cleaning they sometimes fail the leak test and are then U/S.
"To be certain I emailed ASNU... re cleaning and availablility of the middle and lower seals. This is the reply I received."

-from ASNU - (who are they?)

"With all these Siemens Deka, 1998-2002, I am advising that they will have starting problems after cleaning, as I am sure you are aware of, the old Teflon coating, finish.
"I have not seen these for a long time!! not sure if they used it on many vehicles. but it may have been on BMW and VW as well but I think this version is a special for Rover to replace the Lucas Disc injector as its not the same as the original, see attached." (I don't know the contents of 'the attched').
"we don't list spares for yours as in your photo but I believe the body ring is the same as the Siemens side feed injector, as for the bottom, if you give us some sizes of o-ring I am sure we will have something used on others that will fit as I think it's got some common parts."

What do our experts make of that? The blue injectors are of course the originals on this 50k mileage car but what should I do next? I'm sure O-rings for refitting the injectors are available from DMGRS and elsewhere, but where can I get them at least checked for operation, even if not cleaned. I'm completely stuck until I have the engine running again..
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2023, 18:33   #2
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Did the engine run with them fitted, and if so what problems were there? You could always try a bottle of injector cleaner and see if things improve.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2023, 18:43   #3
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
Did the engine run with them fitted, and if so what problems were there? You could always try a bottle of injector cleaner and see if things improve.

It did run, roughly.
However, the injectors are out so it makes sense to have them properly cleaned and serviced before re-fitting.
Getting them out was a real struggle, broke two in the process so only want to do this job once.
Old 16th October 2023, 21:00   #4
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

I have now found a different outfit able to service injectors, they also market the sealing O-rings. Better luck this time, I'll advise results; however I am dissapointed not to have had much help from experts here..
Old 17th October 2023, 22:13   #5
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Mike. Perhaps the reason you have not had many replies to your post because no one has an answer? Sometimes people are at a loss with what to suggest. I found it rather strange about the answers you were given by the first company you approached. Never heard about the special coating on the injectors sorry.
I am sure if you could find an injector supply company, they could be more specific n their responses. Good luck.
Old 19th October 2023, 13:09   #6
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Hi Mike. Perhaps the reason you have not had many replies to your post because no one has an answer? Sometimes people are at a loss with what to suggest. I found it rather strange about the answers you were given by the first company you approached. Never heard about the special coating on the injectors sorry.
I am sure if you could find an injector supply company, they could be more specific n their responses. Good luck.

Yes, I can understand that if no one has the answer I'll not get a response. Certainly it seems that petrol injector issues are rare on our cars, fortunately.
The eight injectors are due to be looked at in early November. I'm obviusly hoping to get at least six back in working order, I'll report on that.
Then I can put get the ngine running and sort other issues on this low mileage car. Both front and one rear spring. Rear suspension arms, sill rot one corner and the water leak at the front which I sill can't find, it runs down behind the pedals (drain under the servo clear and masticed)
Old 20th October 2023, 07:59   #7
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

In all the years we've had petrol engined Rovers only once did I have a problem with an injector. It was on a Rover 400 and I swapped it for a used one. Haven't heard of anyone else having problems so they do seem to be generally reliable.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote