Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th February 2013, 21:09   #41
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

Could I make the observation that with synergy 2 fitted my car recently passed the mot emissions test comfortably, can I therefore assume that the air /fuel mixture is correct.
Old 20th February 2013, 21:25   #42
johnny t
Loves to post

MG ZT 135+/ MG ZT 260

Just to add my experience when i fitted my synergy back in the dark days of the £250 bosch mafs instant fuel consumption improvement and performance increase I don't know the ins and outs of it but it worked for me

Last edited by johnny t; 20th February 2013 at 21:53..
Old 20th February 2013, 21:38   #43
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Having seen the long term affects of MAF degeneration, this is accelerated considerably by this particular "performance mod" which is nothing more than a placebo, and actually reduces performance slightly.
Air flow figures for a compensated Pierburg MAF are as follows

Idle 510mg per stroke
3000 RPM 610mg per stroke

This is opposed to a Bosch MAF

Idle 480mg per stroke
3000 RPM 720mg per stroke.

So what do these figures mean, with the Pierburg fitted, your car will be overfuelling at low speeds and underfuelling at higher speeds.

The Pierburg MAF may have been a reasonable compromise when Bosch MAF units cost over £250, but now with the price of the real unit being just over £100, there is no need

Brian
interesting that!!! I have a PB and Synergy; certainly over fuelling at low power (quite diesel whiff) and the occaisional slight white smoke when starting (not from cold or hot but after a short run prior to complete warm up)

I love the performance and my auto tourer is giving great economy of 42-44mpg on my weekly 500 mile commute.

I may save up some pennies and go back to a Bosch; only thing was I was understanding the PB MAF was pretty bomb proof compared to original one??
Old 20th February 2013, 21:40   #44
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westonboy View Post
Could I make the observation that with synergy 2 fitted my car recently passed the mot emissions test comfortably, can I therefore assume that the air /fuel mixture is correct.

diesel test is just a smoke test I guess?? The slight overfuelling is not going to be picked up
Old 21st February 2013, 20:56   #45
rossocorsa
Posted a thing or two

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Having seen the long term affects of MAF degeneration, this is accelerated considerably by this particular "performance mod" which is nothing more than a placebo, and actually reduces performance slightly.
Air flow figures for a compensated Pierburg MAF are as follows

Idle 510mg per stroke
3000 RPM 610mg per stroke

This is opposed to a Bosch MAF

Idle 480mg per stroke
3000 RPM 720mg per stroke.

So what do these figures mean, with the Pierburg fitted, your car will be overfuelling at low speeds and underfuelling at higher speeds.

The Pierburg MAF may have been a reasonable compromise when Bosch MAF units cost over £250, but now with the price of the real unit being just over £100, there is no need

Brian
Been using torque app on my phone gives maf figures miles out from these although it drives seemingly ok if not as powerful as I'd like, the figures are quoted in g/s on torque is this actually the same measure or not? Idle is 15 g/s which seems miles out compared to 0.480?

EDIT: Thread now closed at the request of the club director.

Last edited by Reebs; 22nd February 2013 at 15:38.. Reason: Thread closed
Closed Thread