Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th August 2013, 22:16   #1
philjudo
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 CDTI Saloon Club SE

Default Putting up one's hand for being a pillock

Tank almost empty, pulled into a Shell station and had got to £58 before looking at the green nozzle in my hand which should have been a black diesel one. Along comes a company called fuel drop at a cost of £180 to drain the tank plus I then filled with £94 of Ultimate diesel. A ****** expensive day and a stupid thing to do. I have nothing else that I drive or own that is petrol. Brittania recovery said they would have to call the same company but I am since told that the AA have a wrong fuel service which I don't want to find out about. The wife is looking at me in a different light, She now see's me as somewhat of a retard. I have to add that she now says that she almost agrees with the last part, She points out that it should read an expensive retard.

Last edited by Dragrad; 8th August 2013 at 23:14.. Reason: Contravention of Club Rules - FAQ Rule 2
philjudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 22:19   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjudo View Post
Tank almost empty, pulled into a Shell station and had got to £58 before looking at the green nozzle in my hand which should have been a black diesel one. Along comes a company called fuel drop at a cost of £180 to drain the tank plus I then filled with £94 of Ultimate diesel. A ****** expensive day and a stupid thing to do. I have nothing else that I drive or own that is petrol. Brittania recovery said they would have to call the same company but I am since told that the AA have a wrong fuel service which I don't want to find out about. The wife is looking at me in a different light, She now see's me as somewhat of a retard.
Oops!

I think we've all done that or very nearly done it
Very easy to do especially if your mind is elsewhere .
At least no lasting damage was done except to your pocket!

Last edited by Dragrad; 8th August 2013 at 23:15.. Reason: see op
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 22:21   #3
Villa Villan
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T 160 1.8T

Quote:
Tank almost empty, pulled into a Shell station and had got to £58 before looking at the green nozzle in my hand which should have been a black diesel one. Along comes a company called fuel drop at a cost of £180 to drain the tank plus I then filled with £94 of Ultimate diesel. A ****** expensive day and a stupid thing to do. I have nothing else that I drive or own that is petrol. Brittania recovery said they would have to call the same company but I am since told that the AA have a wrong fuel service which I don't want to find out about. The wife is looking at me in a different light, She now see's me as somewhat of a retard.
If it helps SWMBO thinks I am one all the time regarding the ZTT.

Sorry to hear that you have had a bad day fella.

Cheers
Tony

Last edited by Dragrad; 8th August 2013 at 23:15.. Reason: see op
Villa Villan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 22:37   #4
Mark2000cc
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTI

Had to laugh at the way you worded your post, obviously not laughing at your situation, like has been said at least no lasting damage to the car.
Old 8th August 2013, 22:50   #5
Tin Tent
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Done it myself and have only driven diesels for 25yrs. glad you noticed before driving.

Last edited by Dragrad; 8th August 2013 at 23:16.. Reason: see op
Tin Tent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 05:29   #6
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

The MD at work recently did this in his Merc, decided to drive it, £2300 later its back on the road!
Old 9th August 2013, 07:47   #7
pinebob
Posted a thing or two

rover75 cdt

it is easy done but for the sake of a couple of £ you can get a little gadget that fits inside the flap and reminds you every time you open it,!!DIESEL THIS CAR IS DIESEL !! had mine on 2yrs and apart from a couple of mishaps ie.shouting diesel when flap not opened,apparently works on light entering the gadget so if a bit of light gets through flap it can trigger it but all in all a nice cheap little gadget that works pretty well and could save you a lot of money.
pinebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 08:10   #8
grandy
Passed Away

rover 75 2ltr auto PETROL

Quote:
Tank almost empty, pulled into a Shell station and had got to £58 before looking at the green nozzle in my hand which should have been a black diesel one. Along comes a company called fuel drop at a cost of £180 to drain the tank plus I then filled with £94 of Ultimate diesel. A ****** expensive day and a stupid thing to do. I have nothing else that I drive or own that is petrol. Brittania recovery said they would have to call the same company but I am since told that the AA have a wrong fuel service which I don't want to find out about. The wife is looking at me in a different light, She now see's me as somewhat of a retard. I have to add that she now says that she almost agrees with the last part, She points out that it should read an expensive retard.
Phil, am so sorry to hear this you of all people with that beautiful car, I have never done this touch wood, as always always check the pump I am on, I expect you will now,----GARY.
grandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 08:16   #9
smallheathlad
Loves to post

No more aRover 75 Saloon

Is it a 'Shell' thing. ..... I did the same last week at my local Shell station in Birmingham to a works car filled it early in the morning thinking about all the things I had to do that day etc. Paid Drove off mile down the road engine stops ...... Then I worked out what I had done!!!!! Tow truck collected car, No lasting damage done.
smallheathlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 08:16   #10
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

Default ..

Did it a vectra...7 mile up motorway and bluurrrr.... rac out checking everything ..me ther saying I know its not run out as I have just put £20 worth in...undid a pipe and says" yes I can smell petrol , but this car is diesel "...doh!! in a way i was pleased that it wasnt the fuel pump failure that i had on mondeo ..just felt a noodle for the mistake in the 1st place...not done it since ..touching wood...

Nige B
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote