Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd December 2006, 18:41   #1
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Default 75 / ZT service schedules

Evening Gents.
Further to my ideas on a previous thread ( sorry to hijack ) I am presently toying with the idea of using a custom service schedule for 75's and ZT's. I will still be using the OE spec sheets laid out by our good friends at MGR but I think the new scheme may allow for more flexibility.

There may be four levels of service :

Club

Classic

Conn

Conn SE

The club level of service may suit people who possibly think the OE service due on their vehicle maybe too expensive,unecessary or can also be used as an intermediate service of the OE schedule.

The Conn SE service will have all servicable items replaced.This I believe will suit people who have just bought an "unknown" vehicle with patchy history or for those of us who like to pamper their vehicles just that little bit more. This service will ensure that all servicable items have defiantely been replaced and not left to chance. Parts to be replaced on this service will be :
Cam Belt/s ,air filter,pollen filter,fuel filter,fuel filter clip if needed,spark plugs,brake fluid,anti freeze,gear box oils,engine oil + filter and more ???

I will need some input off you fine gents as to what you would like to see carried out on each specific service.Is this viable ? All ideas welcomed and appreciated.

Last edited by Lates; 3rd December 2006 at 18:46..
Lates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2006, 18:48   #2
Simon
Banned

-

This sounds like a good idea, and like the previous thread suggested, if you allowed people to tailor each service to their liking it would make things even more cost-effective.

For example, if somebody has successfully changed their own oil but wants the rest of a service doing, it would make it a very attractive proposition.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2006, 18:53   #3
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Hiya Simon,
I think to offer more flexibility to our client base is a smart move. I do not think it is wise to "do away with" the official service schedules as they are there for good reason. Incorporating a menu selecting certain elements of service is worthwhile but a pc techy would need to do this as I would crash t'internet so this maybe be unworkable without more thought
Old 3rd December 2006, 18:56   #4
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

Unlimited bacon rolls & coffee.
Complimentary ciggies
99" LCD TV to watch while the work is being carried out.
Full valet afterwards.

Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2006, 19:52   #5
Simon
Banned

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lates View Post
Hiya Simon,
I think to offer more flexibility to our client base is a smart move. I do not think it is wise to "do away with" the official service schedules as they are there for good reason. Incorporating a menu selecting certain elements of service is worthwhile but a pc techy would need to do this as I would crash t'internet so this maybe be unworkable without more thought
It may be a case of offering a one-on-one quote (where possible). For example, a customer phones up and says "Hi. Got a 75, 5 years old, 50K on the clock. Need a service." You could quote them the normal service for that age/millage and offer optional things. Likewise, same customer could also say "Change oil myself last month so that is ok" and you could adjust price accordingly as they wont need an oil change.

Internet option is (relatively) easy thing to do. I would offer my services but I don't know if I would have the time at the moment!

Agreed about MGR servicing schedules. It would be illadvised for an owner to go against these recommendations and I think we should stress these should be adhered to. I think what your aiming at here is customers to "tune" the service a little more than most dealerships would offer.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2006, 20:18   #6
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatts View Post
Unlimited bacon rolls & coffee.
Complimentary ciggies
99" LCD TV to watch while the work is being carried out.
Full valet afterwards.

There is always one how is ya Mr Tatts ?

Need to go and ponder if the logistics are possible.thanks Simon
Old 3rd December 2006, 20:32   #7
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Good idea imo mate It gives us flexibility but within a menu set that you know you can deliver.

It could also allow you to chop and change the menus if/when you need to.

Nice one

hth

Mike