Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd February 2012, 14:32   #1
Vanbursta
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Conn

Default VERY IMPORTANT An apology and feeling very embaresed

I have been contacted indirectly by Xpart regarding the Rave CD's I offered to everyone, apparently these are copyrighted by Xpart and should not be offered for distribution. I am therefore withdrawing my offer and would like to offer my sincere apologies to Xpart. I had assumed (as it happens incorrectly) that these were OK to distribute, as they are freely available on a well known auction site and I thought that as MG Rover no longer existed that offering them must of been OK, as it turns out it is not for obvious reasons. I did not mean to cause any offence and I certainly did not want to break the law, I acquired these with a bunch of other Rover MG stuff that came from a local boot sale, all copies have now been destroyed and I am truly sorry to those members that had requested a copy, obviously I will NOT be sending these now. My apologies also go to all disappointed members.
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:36   #2
neilb740
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 1.8

EEEK

I bet that was an interesting E-Mail !!

An understandable mistake to make though
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:36   #3
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Couldn't you let x-part have them at a discount?

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:48   #4
SKS Disco
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanbursta View Post
I have been contacted indirectly by Xpart regarding the Rave CD's I offered to everyone, apparently these are copyrighted by Xpart and should not be offered for distribution. I am therefore withdrawing my offer and would like to offer my sincere apologies to Xpart. I had assumed (as it happens incorrectly) that these were OK to distribute, as they are freely available on a well known auction site and I thought that as MG Rover no longer existed that offering them must of been OK, as it turns out it is not for obvious reasons. I did not mean to cause any offence and I certainly did not want to break the law, I acquired these with a bunch of other Rover MG stuff that came from a local boot sale, all copies have now been destroyed and I am truly sorry to those members that had requested a copy, obviously I will NOT be sending these now. My apologies also go to all disappointed members.
No harm done.
Innocent mistake is all
The admins/mods on this site do have access the EPC and RAVE with our permission and I am sure will always help where possible.

Other point is of course is depending how old the parts catalogues were, they would not work anyway on Vista, Windows 7 or IE9.

Cheers

Stu
Old 23rd February 2012, 15:11   #5
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

I dont think we need them any more. The Rave CD is pretty rubbish to be honest, less useful than a Haynes most of the time for anything except the really big overhaul stuff.

The EPC is handy, but Rimmers site is just as good for part numbers etc.
Old 23rd February 2012, 15:58   #6
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
The Rave CD is pretty rubbish to be honest, less useful than a Haynes most of the time
Well I wouldn't go quite as far as to say that..
Old 23rd February 2012, 16:06   #7
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Right, more than enough said on the subject, thanks.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread