Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th June 2019, 20:14   #71
mileshawk56
Gets stuck in

MGZT

Im amazed this lot of "opinions" some offensive others insulting has escaped the moderators crayon. Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit and long live the Blessed Nigel. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2019, 20:48   #72
Darcydog
This is my second home

MG ZT-T

Thanked 2,400 Times in 1,615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
Im amazed this lot of "opinions" some offensive others insulting has escaped the moderators crayon. Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit and long live the Blessed Nigel. Chris.S.
It has crept in - and some have tried to personalise insults - referring to “Resident Experts” in a disparaging way simply because of a differing viewpoint.

Water of a ducks back - but then the task they set themselves is to offend to illicit a bad tempered response so that the Mods have no choice but to close a thread.

If only we could all raise our game and play the ball not the player.

Where offensive posts have been aimed at MGJohn - he has been an absolute star and NOT responded in kind but used humour to diffuse, dilute and dismiss.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darcydog For This Useful Post:
Old 6th June 2019, 00:05   #73
wraymond
occidit omnmes emojis

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Could it be that some of us can see through the BS of a few resident experts when others do not or choose not to?

You have a nice evening.

Please, desist from your repeated disparaging and thinly disguised insults to members on here. If you take exception to the views of others it would be the gentlemanly thing either to address them personally by PM or refrain from calling their contributions to an informative and progressive thread a load of BS.

We all know what that stands for and that in itself is purely avoidance of the censor filter so is a rule breaker. You would also know as you type it it is likely to be offensive and more likely to arouse a similar response. Again, a rule breaker.

Instead you have met with polite ignorance or well mannered return. Your rule-breaking is intentional. Do yourself a favour - adopt a more conciliatory mood or do the other thing!
Old 6th June 2019, 06:21   #74
FLYING BANANA

ZT 1.8t & ZTT V8 400

Thanked 11,309 Times in 4,909 Posts
Cool

We are constantly monitoring this thread. Should the insults and name calling start to get really personal, then it will get closed. Just keep to the topic and play nicely.

“Pooky Bear”.
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 07:17   #75
mss
Retired from Club

Rover

Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Please, desist from your repeated disparaging and thinly disguised insults to members on here. If you take exception to the views of others it would be the gentlemanly thing either to address them personally by PM or refrain from calling their contributions to an informative and progressive thread a load of BS.

We all know what that stands for and that in itself is purely avoidance of the censor filter so is a rule breaker. You would also know as you type it it is likely to be offensive and more likely to arouse a similar response. Again, a rule breaker.

Instead you have met with polite ignorance or well mannered return. Your rule-breaking is intentional. Do yourself a favour - adopt a more conciliatory mood or do the other thing!
It is interesting that you take offence from a general statement that is far milder than those we often see on the forum. This is your right of course.

But, telling another poster what he should do is beyond the reasonable. Particularly, as you often appear to be supporting those who go on personal attacks when others have a different viewpoint to theirs. That again is your right, but does not win you my respect.

I have a great deal of respect for the majority of members and this shows in in my exchanges with the majority. But, respect can be lost, and a few have achieved this. This is a natural dynamic on a forum such as this, do you not think?

Perhaps you could resolve a point of intrigue for me please Wraymond. Did you assume that my post the subject of your comment was aimed at yourself?

If so, why did you assume that?

Last edited by mss; 6th June 2019 at 08:04..
mss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 08:24   #76
Darcydog
This is my second home

MG ZT-T

Ref post 74

What is it about :-

“just keep to the topic and play nicely” do you not understand Maninder?
Old 6th June 2019, 09:15   #77
MGJohn
This is my second home

Various MGs and Rovers

Thanked 1,705 Times in 1,180 Posts

What can most certainly annoy most in the group is that if one individual decides a thread needs closing, by means fair or foul, usually the latter, then sends an alert to the those who have the authority to close and that usually gets their individual, not the majority's wish. Various ways to send that alert including not direct contact.

It's a technique which certainly and fortunately the same old very few individuals deploy when they, not the majority, decide they do not like what they see for whatever reason. Often reasons which the majority do not see as valid.

In now twenty-two years of car enthusiast www activity, I have never moaned or complained to those that can close or delete ... or posted in such a knowing way to deliberately trigger closure with something I do not agree with ...ever. That despite when a poster clearly demonstrates their true colours and reveals nasty piece of work qualities.

It is annoying when as sometimes happens, that individual is successful and a lively thread is negated which has been a beneficial learning curve for those that follow the thread.

Live and let live. On more than one occasion I have seen a previously lively and informative car enthusiasts site not Live on...as a result when more reasonable folks see things are not right at all levels and vote with their feet because of excessive unreasonable activity by some. I have also seen mods have their authority taken away as a result of their clearly unreasonable prejudicial leanings and have their decisions reversed by more reasonable members with authority to do so.

Back on track.

Like or loath him, Trump I feel does genuinely have his Nation's best interests at heart. That will always mean measures not all are in agreement with leading to "divisions" and accusations of a divided Nation. The latter being nothing new and has always been the case since year dot when decisions are made and voted for. No exceptions. Some call it democracy.

It has to be made to make sense... with emphasis on MADE in GB
MGJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 09:57   #78
mss
Retired from Club

Rover

Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Ref post 74

What is it about :-

“just keep to the topic and play nicely” do you not understand Maninder?

Do you not understand the same Clive?
mss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 10:07   #79
Darcydog
This is my second home

MG ZT-T

Default Let’s stay on track

Trump seem to confound many of the critics. And how sad that the anti Trump lot ended up looking vicious and unkind when verbally attacking American tourists and pushing to the ground an elderly gentleman who dared to voice a different opinion to theirs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darcydog For This Useful Post:
Old 6th June 2019, 10:08   #80
Darcydog
This is my second home

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Do you not understand the same Clive?
Yes I do. I do indeed.