Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th June 2019, 06:33   #146671
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning everyone from bright but cloudy Cornwall

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2019, 06:50   #146672
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Cool grey damp & cardy weather here.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2019, 06:57   #146673
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Morning, started off sunny, now clouded over , well what’s new.! Second blood test today, won’t get the result until next week.Good job I decided not to go out on my bike last night, it chucked it down all night, might get tonight if it dries up enough.
Old 5th June 2019, 07:05   #146674
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning all, what is everyone up to? Heavy rains for most of last night which we have had for the past 3-4 days. The grass is waist high in the forest growing over the paths. I have asked the cow men to cut the grass for the cows to eat. We don’t employ them, my sister in law does, so they said “maybe tomorrow” It’s lovely grass for the cows. They don’t let the cows go into the forest because of the Cobras biting them.

I hate it when the grass gets high, because I can’t see the snakes or other predators. Another hate, is why someone can’t get and do a job I want done. I have given the go ahead for the V6 belts to be changed, I am still waiting and time is running out until I am back in the UK. Why do some leave things until the last moment. That sort of thing makes me feel anxious.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 5th June 2019 at 07:13..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2019, 07:13   #146675
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Thanks Jeff - it has dried up for the moment, and we have even had brief glimpses of that circular yellow thing
Quite chuffed with my fuel consumption today - average of 28 mpg over 213 miles, including lots of stops/starts & queuing on the A17. Not bad when you consider I had 1400 kgs hung on the back
Good morning Rod, what is the name of the place you are at in your travels? A Honda CRV new shape towing a caravan must look impressive
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2019, 13:48   #146676
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Afternoon all, Grey skies abound & cool temps here.

I've given in to temptation & bought the new TSW Tee's valley line game, It's set in 1989 with the Loco's & livery of that time. I'm in freight heaven on coal hoppers & steel coil freight

Adventurous tea tonight (for me) chilli con carne, rice & garlic nan bread for tea.
I've made my missus a spaghetti in tomato & red pepper sauce meal instead, she said I'm not eating that spicy muck

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2019, 14:34   #146677
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Looking overcast here, rain is forecast late afternoon, I shall be getting wet walking the dogs later by the looks of things!
Old 5th June 2019, 15:26   #146678
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Will be going out on the bike shortly, once son comes back from dropping great niece’s birthday present off.
Old 5th June 2019, 18:36   #146679
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Evening all - it hasn't rained in my part of Norfolk all day - so we managed to get the awning erected on the caravan, and we're well set for the next couple of weeks. We're just sitting down to a light snack for tea (home-cooked gammon sandwiches), washed down with Hog Father Vintage Cider (7.4% alcohol!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Rod, what is the name of the place you are at in your travels? A Honda CRV new shape towing a caravan must look impressive
G'day Phil - apologies for not responding earlier, but this is the first time I've popped into the LCOZ today. The Honda with a caravan is a well matched outfit - the car pulls well and is heavy enough to keep control of the 'van - it also has Vehicle Stability Assist & Trailer Stability Assist which help to control any sideways movement of the caravan by applying brakes to individual wheels if a 'snake' is detected. It is a long outfit - car and caravan when hitched up measure 11.67 metres (38' 3"); it's not physically hard to drive, but is quite tiring mentally, especially on motorways where I'm restricted to 60 mph, as you don't want to be making sudden manoeuvres with that length. You're constantly watching in front, both sides and behind for other vehicles which could affect you. Large vehicles, HGVs and coaches, overtaking you have two effects - a 'bow wave' effect as they start to overtake you, which causes you to be pushed towards the nearside, and then as they get alongside you, a sort of 'slipstream' effect.which 'sucks' you towards them. You're constantly needing to make very small steering adjustments - especially if there is a gusty side wind too.
I'll have a hunt to find a photograph of the unit all hitched up - the broadband on the site runs at around 0.7 mbps, so accessing Flickr isn't easy !

Here's a link to the site we're on - in Norfolk, between Fakenham and Cromer on the A148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I've given in to temptation & bought the new TSW Tees valley line game, It's set in 1989 with the Loco's & livery of that time. I'm in freight heaven on coal hoppers & steel coil freight

Hey Ian - that looks suspiciously like what used to be ICI Wilton Site (now called Wilton Site since ICI ceased to exist) between Redcar and Middlesbrough. About 5 miles over the hills from me - far enough that we couldn't smell some of the obnoxious gases that used to escape from the site when there was a breakdown. Even now, if there is a problem, they get of excess gases by burning them through the tall stacks - leading to a midday at midnight sky.

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2019, 18:55   #146680
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Rod/ A Honda CRV new shape towing a caravan must look impressive
I don't appear to have a photo of the car and caravan attached Phil - the one below is the nearest I've got. When we leave the current site (on 18th June) I'll make sure I take a pic of the unit all ready to roll

LONG 1 by Rod Thrower, on Flickr

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote