Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th May 2019, 17:28   #21
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

I really don't see the issue. VED is a tax and the treasury has to collect a certain amount each year in order to keep the country running. Tax collection has to be spread over a large number of entities in order to build a certain amount of resilience into the system. It is used to change consumer behaviour and this always will be the case.

Owning more than one car and anything other than a small, highly efficient vehicle is a lifestyle choice, which is quite reasonably taxed.

I am happy to pay VED (as well as other taxes) on my five cars. The day I stop being happy, I will make different lifestyle choices. It's as simple as that.

As for putting extra duty on fuel instead of continuin with VED, it will exacerbate the parking problem that exists in built up areas as a result of multiple vehicle ownership households.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2019, 17:35   #22
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

my cdt club se costs me 215 quid a year or 17.50 per month id pay that all time to drive about in a good reliable vehicle like these cars are .. cant be doing with new stuff to much tech to go wrong
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote