Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th May 2019, 20:51   #11
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
It would surprise me in a few more years that there are less major car makers around the world, the cost of developing new cars is only going to get more expensive and this will make developing new models unaffordable so the smaller and less profitable manufacturers will fade away.

I agree and the other factor at play is that the former premium manufacturers are eating the lunch of the mainstream manufacturer thus making the market very uncomfortable for Ford etc.

In Europe, Germany and France are likely to end up being the two countries with ownership of significant car manufacturing.
MSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2019, 16:13   #12
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

shame to see JLR in such difficulty. I wonder where production will end up.

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2019, 19:24   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

I get to sit in a lot of new JLR stuff. Their interiors are let down particularly Range Rovers and Jaguars as they are the prestige brands, Land Rover is a working car gone posh. I wonder if they could sell more LR and RR if they could have the option to come without a lot of the off road features thus making them cheaper. Don't see many with mud on them.

macafee2
Old 16th May 2019, 07:55   #14
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

My son uses his for what it was designed for.

Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 08:02   #15
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I get to sit in a lot of new JLR stuff. Their interiors are let down particularly Range Rovers and Jaguars as they are the prestige brands, Land Rover is a working car gone posh. I wonder if they could sell more LR and RR if they could have the option to come without a lot of the off road features thus making them cheaper. Don't see many with mud on them.

macafee2

Ian - could it be that your tastes do not match what JLR provide as interiors?

This would translate into the possibility that you are not the type of person that is the target of the modern Jaguar. The modern Jaguar is targeted at the Mercedes/BMW/Audi driver and if you look at any review, JLR interiors are praised more often than not.

I think that in their modern form, Jaguars have become what is needed for the company to have any chance of survival.

I love the modern Jaguar and their interiors, going back to the S-type. Anything earlier does nothing for me these days.
Old 16th May 2019, 08:39   #16
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Ian - could it be that your tastes do not match what JLR provide as interiors?

This would translate into the possibility that you are not the type of person that is the target of the modern Jaguar. The modern Jaguar is targeted at the Mercedes/BMW/Audi driver and if you look at any review, JLR interiors are praised more often than not.

I think that in their modern form, Jaguars have become what is needed for the company to have any chance of survival.

I love the modern Jaguar and their interiors, going back to the S-type. Anything earlier does nothing for me these days.
lol

If JLR are selling so well how come a newspaper reported 3 months ago
"Jaguar Land Rover posts biggest quarterly loss of £3.4bn "

Who praises the interiors and what do they praise about them?

you of course stating the obvious, I am not the type of person that is the target of the modern Jaguar and my tastes do not match what JLR provide as interiors. I personally don't go a bundle on Black interiors.

macafee2
Old 16th May 2019, 08:59   #17
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
lol

If JLR are selling so well how come a newspaper reported 3 months ago
"Jaguar Land Rover posts biggest quarterly loss of £3.4bn "

Who praises the interiors and what do they praise about them?

you of course stating the obvious, I am not the type of person that is the target of the modern Jaguar and my tastes do not match what JLR provide as interiors. I personally don't go a bundle on Black interiors.

macafee2

JLR sales are 10 times what they were 10 years ago. The current fall is relative to the last 2-3 years!

Read any of the reviews in the motoring press.

Let's face it, the cars that the majority here praise (including myself) didn't sell. So we are not very good judges of what the public considers desirable.