Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st March 2019, 17:13   #145561
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I have been moved off the public ward into a private wing which is comfortable with A/C TV and a la cadaver menu. I can’t complain.
Hi Phil and I hope that you are getting better. That pic of your hospital bay looks positively palatial and 5 star in comparison to what we experienced last year with our mother's stay in our local NHS hospital. She was in a shared bay and her bed space was right next to the 2 communal waste bins and the basin for washing of hands etc.. They were in constant use and her space was so limited by it that we were forever having to get up and move during visiting times to give access to them. The splashing and the stench that resulted from that arrangement was unpleasant and even one of the domestics complained about it during one of our visits. Sanitary waste was among the stuff going into those bins and sadly every bay on her ward was afflicted with the same unhygienic arrangement.

I felt for every patient who was placed in one of those bed spaces, there was simply no respite for them from the problem. They were forced to eat, sleep, drink and to be medicated and rested in a hospital environment which I think many people would regard as hazardous and intolerable outwith it and certainly not within it.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2019, 18:26   #145562
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Hi Phil and I hope that you are getting better. That pic of your hospital bay looks positively palatial and 5 star in comparison to what we experienced last year with our mother's stay in our local NHS hospital. She was in a shared bay and her bed space was right next to the 2 communal waste bins and the basin for washing of hands etc.. They were in constant use and her space was so limited by it that we were forever having to get up and move during visiting times to give access to them. The splashing and the stench that resulted from that arrangement was unpleasant and even one of the domestics complained about it during one of our visits. Sanitary waste was among the stuff going into those bins and sadly every bay on her ward was afflicted with the same unhygienic arrangement.

I felt for every patient who was placed in one of those bed spaces, there was simply no respite for them from the problem. They were forced to eat, sleep, drink and to be medicated and rested in a hospital environment which I think many people would regard as hazardous and intolerable outwith it and certainly not within it.
Hi Willy, that sounds like 3rd world, but it shouldn’t happen in the NHS. Sadly it does and it’s extra hard on those who can’t complain or don’t know how to. It’s hard on the sick and vulnerable, particularly those who don’t have anyone to stand up for them and take on the system, when it lets them down.

The first night of my stay, I was put on a ward of 100 patients. I was in a 4-bedded bay, no bedside locker. The toilets and showers were communal. The patient opposite me was a young doctor admitted with a blood clot, but he was well enough to carry on with one of the nurses behind the curtains around the bed, banging and humping. When they pulled the curtains back, they were both out of breath, puffing and panting, giggling. They must have known I saw and heard them, but they didn’t care, spreading AIDS ....I don’t know, maybe/maybe not. It was a hot ward, no fans and no A/C. Lots of flies and mosquitoes. I was glad to get moved.

I am back home this evening, but have to go back into the hospital in the morning. There was a Kerfuffle over payment of the bill. The hospital refused to discharge me unless the bill was paid in full. On checking it, I had been billed the the same price for one night in the private wing and the same for the fly ridden carnal ward at £283 p.n, can’t be right ....I was charged for 5 brain scans and not 3, double billing and suspect. Eventually the hospital released me on the condition I go back first thing in the morning to sort it out and settle up. Ultimately it is covered by health insurance.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 31st March 2019 at 18:38..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2019, 19:04   #145563
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

At least you are home Phil. Just get well as soon as.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2019, 05:13   #145564
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Good morning ........ to anyone who is out of bed at this ungodly hour
My excuse for getting up in the middle of the night is an early morning school run for my granddaughter - and imagine my surprise when I looked out of the bedroom widow and saw frost on the cars
A quick cup of coffee and I'm off for a mile walk to my son's house - catch you later.

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2019, 06:43   #145565
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning Rod - have a great walk on the moors good morning all and good morning Bob. Thank you Bob for the get well wishes. I am just about to do the eye care for the ophthalmic shingles condition, which consists of washing out the bad eye with sterile water, putting in eye drops and then applying an anti-shingles ointment over the sore eye lids and scabs. After that, I have to apply the Calomine over the top of the head (makes it look pink). The nerves to the skin on the forehead are numbed from the virus. Then take the anti-viral tablets with breakfast. Jessica is driving me to the hospital to go through the bill with them. We have already rang them to have it ready with the medical reports for authorisation with the insurance company in the UK...oh hum. That is the plan in theory. The doc suggested I see him on Wed/Thurs for follow up. Anti-virals, only 3 more days and then the course is completed. I reckon I must have caught the virus from someone who was carrying Chicken Pox and spreading it around to everyone they had contact with.

I am looking forward to getting all of this cleared up and off the tablets, then back to adventures in the bush, this and that. See you later, be good

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 1st April 2019 at 06:45..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2019, 06:50   #145566
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, another bright sunny one this morning, take it steady Phil here’s to a good recovery for you, it sounds Bl00dy awful mate.
Old 1st April 2019, 07:01   #145567
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning Andy, Rod, Phil and fellow early birds.

We have blue sky here again, still chilly though.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2019, 07:12   #145568
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Well that's the first part of the job done - grandson has departed for secondary school. He makes his own way so I just ensure he leaves home in time. Now sat around 'til 8.35 when I take granddaughter to her primary school - then it's a mile and a half hike back home - almost all of which is uphill
Still - it's probably good for my waist measurement

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2019, 07:16   #145569
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Morning peeps...........Norfolk bound for me today and tomorrow
Old 1st April 2019, 07:31   #145570
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Morning Peeps!, Morning Phil, taters! here at the moment, fickle weather innit!!

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote