Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th March 2019, 18:10   #1
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts
Default Demise of law and order.

Watching the news last night,one lady came up with the statement. People are not bothered to report any incident to the police.
There i think is the crux of the problem and why Mrs May thinks that we do not need more police on the street.
When someone reports an incident and doesn't get any response because the police force have not got the resources,they think why bother. That is the view of many people in my locality.
I may be wrong,but i am trying to spread the word to report anything that you see or feel is not right,report it to the police.
Maybe then the elitist few will become aware of the troubles around the country. And Downing Street will not be, the only safe street in the U.K.
I may have not written this well,but i think you will grasp what i mean,and it will help to stop the downward spiral of this country.
Rant Over.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 19:36   #2
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

If you google “Neighbourhood Watch Schemes UK”, it’s another option to consider, looking at the pros and the cons. A criticism is that these schemes are replacing police duties in the community.

We set one up here for our road with each house having a siren to sound for help, we have radios with a direct channel to the police and we use the radios to share intelligence with each other. We take it in turn to go out on a car patrol in twos around our locality. If there is a problem we put a call out for armed response. We leave it to them, as we are not a vigilante group.

That level of security would not happen in the UK or would it?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 19:55   #3
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

That level of security would not happen in the UK or would it?

Not yet,but getting there.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 20:23   #4
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

I've not reported the last two times we've been burgled here point being it's a fools errand! the police haven't been pro-active here in my neck o the woods ever since the police cuts, three local police stations have been closed down one of them brand fire new.

If I'd reported the crimes they wouldn't have done anything other than record it and issue you with an insurance number which in turn the insurance companies are privy too resulting in higher premiums as your deemed to live in a high crime area.
so pointless exercise and not just by me, nobody here bothers any more.

Quite a few people take measures into their own hands for justice here!

Remember the other week when I mentioned a neighbour who was burgled coming round to see if there was anything on my cctv recorder!

Well it was found out who was responsible, two druggy deadbeats, one has disappeared without trace and the other has two broken arms in plaster
made my day when he came around this afternoon to tell me that.

that's the only way people can get some justice these days here, sad state of affairs yes but I'll take that over non police presence.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 20:58   #5
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Losing 20,000 officers, and the claim by the Government is the reduction in numbers of Police is not responsible for the upsurge in serious crime.
If their claim is true, we can expect the security gates across Downing St will be removed without delay.
No amount of ANPR and CCTV cameras, DNA facility etc etc, can " feel a collar".
What's the point of all these cameras if no-one can respond ?
It's hard to comprehend, that recently, there were no police on duty in Hartlepool. Having no staff to man the local Nick, they had to transfer prisoners to Middlesbrough.
How the hell have they allowed such things to come to this ?
We are going to hell on a handcart.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 16:01   #6
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

It must surely be obvious even to a complete and utter moron that reducing police numbers plus kicking more criminals out of jail early allied with jailing fewer and fewer criminals with records as long as your arm = an eventual explosion in crime?

It's quite difficult to imagine the government cabinet sitting around that large table they love having pictures of themselves sitting at in 2010 and one Mr David Cameron asking "right what are we going to do today?"

And somebody actually saying " I know, lets cut 20,000 police officers from the 141,000 total in the country at present"
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 16:05   #7
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

i live in deepcar near stocksbridge and the police station is that little they have closed it down so if we need a 999 call for police the nearest is in ecclesfield with is 8 miles away no police walking the streets its terrible rgds mark
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 16:52   #8
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

This whole "more for less" philosophy is surely, obviously, drivel? Simple common sense says that doesn't it? If you haven't got enough people to do the job then some bits of that job can't get done.

It's a bit like having a production line that increases its output day by day.

The holding warehouse is near to full.

The lorries to clear the warehouse are barely coping and the solution is.....

To cut the number of drivers by umpteen % and then wonder why the warehouse is overflowing.

Doh!

Andy

Last edited by AndyN01; 6th March 2019 at 16:54..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 17:19   #9
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I've not reported the last two times we've been burgled here point being it's a fools errand! the police haven't been pro-active here in my neck o the woods ever since the police cuts, three local police stations have been closed down one of them brand fire new.

If I'd reported the crimes they wouldn't have done anything other than record it and issue you with an insurance number which in turn the insurance companies are privy too resulting in higher premiums as your deemed to live in a high crime area.
so pointless exercise and not just by me, nobody here bothers any more.

Quite a few people take measures into their own hands for justice here!

Remember the other week when I mentioned a neighbour who was burgled coming round to see if there was anything on my cctv recorder!

Well it was found out who was responsible, two druggy deadbeats, one has disappeared without trace and the other has two broken arms in plaster
made my day when he came around this afternoon to tell me that.

that's the only way people can get some justice these days here, sad state of affairs yes but I'll take that over non police presence.
It’s happening here as well. Rural areas are basically left to fend for themselves. No surprise then that this is exactly what happens.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 18:01   #10
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
This whole "more for less" philosophy is surely, obviously, drivel? Simple common sense says that doesn't it? If you haven't got enough people to do the job then some bits of that job can't get done.

It's a bit like having a production line that increases its output day by day.

The holding warehouse is near to full.

The lorries to clear the warehouse are barely coping and the solution is.....

To cut the number of drivers by umpteen % and then wonder why the warehouse is overflowing.

Doh!

Andy

So, are you saying that you do not buy into the 10-15% year-on-year efficiency improvement that the police forces have been required to achieve?

It's shocking that you feel it is not real - all the highly paid management consultants say that it is!

MSS is offline   Reply With Quote