Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th May 2018, 21:19   #21
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Well, opened the housing, properly cleared and sprayed the gears with some wd40, and they seem to move perfectly and no gears are broken, everything on this side looks perfect, now I guess I should check the traction control sensor on the 2nd flap on the throttle body, I read somewhere else how to test it with a multimeter, I'll also give that a try.
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2018, 10:25   #22
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

No need to test the sensor anymore, after opening the actuator, moved the gears by hand, removing 1 small broken teeth and spraying the gears with wd40, and putting it all back together, I heard when starting the ignition the typical waak-waak waak-waak sound which the actuator does when self testing, but this time the sound was there 4 times instead of 2, so I activated the traction control with toaf again and no error anymore and the tc switch works. I think that before, it was sounding only 2 times because the moving gears were hitting somehow the broke teeth and stopping it's movement, even though it was broken on the side where the gears weren't even touching eachother, strange, but at least I got it working now. Thanks for all the help.
Old 10th May 2018, 12:57   #23
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Thanks for coming back and finishing the thread, it will help others. You would be well advised to locate a spare whilst they are still quite cheap and available
D...

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2018, 06:21   #24
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Wink

I live in Germany right now so spare motors from bmws are to be found on ebay like deers jumping on hills for prices that I pay for a small bag of groceries lol.. If I will have further problems with it I will just replace it and that's it, it's got broken I guess because I was installing a start stop and remote start feature for the car, and from all that continuous ignitio on and off for almost half a day, the motor was always retesting itself until it was too much for it to handle I guess, and after started the car for good, the error showed first time in the dash.
Old 12th May 2018, 06:59   #25
grout20
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnail View Post
No need to test the sensor anymore, after opening the actuator, moved the gears by hand, removing 1 small broken teeth and spraying the gears with wd40, and putting it all back together, ....... but at least I got it working now. Thanks for all the help.

Hi,

Good news that you have got it working. Well done!

As I said I replaced my Actuator with an Ebay BMW Unit, but reading your posts and also Stocktakes tips on how to get inside the Unit I'll get a Stanley knife and see if I can open my jammed Unit.

Looks like I may find the same thing.

Thanks again and Happy Roving

John

My 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto 75 is the
• 20,516th 75 to be made out of 112,381
• 787th 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671
• 1,248th Wedgwood Blue Metallic (code: JBH) to be made out of 7,515 code JBH 75's
grout20 is offline   Reply With Quote