Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd May 2018, 16:03   #21
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbax View Post
Interesting comments some seem a little negative however I'm pleasantly happy with this car and think I can manage to drive in an ego friendly manner to save mpg
However I'm really NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- off with the anti theft cloaking device when pulling off from a start/standstill every bstrd time I goto the boot it's locked and I have to go back to the cab and open it lil
Lol speedlocking, you buy it from Trikey

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2018, 19:15   #22
Forestgreen
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6 saloon

Interesting comment about 63mph. On a long stretch of very quiet motorway I recently set cruise control to a variety of different speeds from 55 through to 70 and reset the onboard economy guide each time. The most efficient speed was somewhere between 60 and 65mph bearing out the torque lock theory though I have no idea what an auto box torque lock is!

Mixed driving which is my usual wont I get around 23 to the gallon.
Forestgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2018, 08:55   #23
danbax
Avid contributor

rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Lol speedlocking, you buy it from Trikey

Brian
Can you remove this feature for me Brian when you get a moment bud just gimme a shout I'll pop over was driving past yesterday I gave you a knock mate
Need you to read key fob info too as only have one key
Cheers Dan
danbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2018, 21:32   #24
grout20
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Auto

An update from me......

Arrive home earlier from todays National Meet after a 180 mile round trip around a fairly free flowing A1 / M25 / M3 but a nose to tail A31.

The ongoing displayed Fuel Consumption dropped to 38.1 during the nose to tail bit, and went back up to 39.7 by the time I arrived home.

Tried to stay 65-70mph (Sat Nav speed) which was 70-75 on the cars speedo and Cruise Control wherever possible so that "auto box torque lock up" aspect mentioned above must help.

I found myself rarely going above 3000 revs and avoiding the use of kick down during this time .... pretty easy on the M25 tbh! .... but perhaps another factor in the surprising mpg indicated.

I'm sure if it was used as an every day and around town car it would mpg in the mid 20's, but I'm surprised it is currently indicating as high as my previous 1.8 non turbo manual on these longer drives.

I'm running 16inch wheels and usually Esso, BP or Shell unleaded rather than Tesco, Sainsbury or Asda cheapest, and a portion of Redex every other time I fill up.

Cheers f'now

John

My 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto 75 is the
• 20,516th 75 to be made out of 112,381
• 787th 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671
• 1,248th Wedgwood Blue Metallic (code: JBH) to be made out of 7,515 code JBH 75's
grout20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2018, 07:13   #25
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

There’s lots of things to take into consideration to improve fuel economy on any car let alone the KV6 powered ones.

Good tyres at the right pressure, brakes in perfect working order I.e. not dragging, unnecessary luggage and of course driving style will all contribute to a better economy.
I only use mine on relatively short runs and regularly get 24 to 26 mpg. I put in the occasion bottle of Redex into the fuel tank.
As for using cruise control IMO this will not neccesarily give a better fuel consumption. I used to fit cruise control systems and this was noted then. Using cruis on long straight journeys relieves the driver strain but in the case of the 75 cruise system if using this in traffic you will find the throttle is used more excessively on cruise than it would if driving manually.
I managed 40 mpg on a long run to Birmingham with careful driving using lane 1 for most of the time. It was a very relaxing run whereas if driving like probably around 75% of other sitting on the outside lanes all the time you would be more stressed and yes your fuel consumption will be worse.

It never ceases to amaze me when slowing down for corners and roundabouts etc thus saving fuel the clowns around you are speeding up to the same then slamming on the brakes and still finish up either beside you or even behind you.

Enjoy driving your automatic V6 tourer, it’s one of the finest cars on the road.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2018, 07:31   #26
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
There’s lots of thi..............................

I managed 40 mpg on a long run to Birmingham with careful driving using lane 1 for most of the time. ...road.
If we are talking a V6 automatic, then this is, if nothing else, fake news! It it simply impossible, unless you have been pulled behind a bus!
Old 8th May 2018, 09:01   #27
danbax
Avid contributor

rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
If we are talking a V6 automatic, then this is, if nothing else, fake news! It it simply impossible, unless you have been pulled behind a bus!
i dunno about bus drivers in your area but theyre rally drivers in the north
danbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2018, 20:09   #28
Steve42
I really should get out more.......

mg 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
Why you say fake news.
On a motorway run and behaving plus using cruise I have got 44 mpg .
Did 300 miles over the weekend for the national and that was a mixture of motoryway and country lanes .
End result 36 mpg.
On the daily run to work I only get 23 mpg.
Steve42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2018, 04:58   #29
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Your computer might have shown 44 mpg.
I have driven several hundred km where my petrol gauge showed full the whole way.
Old 9th May 2018, 05:29   #30
Steve42
I really should get out more.......

mg 190+

Wish mine did .
Have had two v6 and on both the mpg was the same.
My 1.8 was not much better.
Steve42 is offline   Reply With Quote