Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th June 2020, 10:01   #1
PaulC75

None currently

Default Worth looking at this 75 tourer?

So, after an internet spiral a fortnight ago I've decided I want a 75 tourer and it's gotta be the diesel.
After lots of research on here and elsewhere I've joined here and this is my first post so Hi all.

Ive also discovered that on the diesel front the auto is apparantly the way to go due to the possibity of clutch failure and the cost, however, Ive finally found a tourer this morning only 15 miles away rather than in the other end of the country. However, it's a manual but he states he's already had the clutch done so that negates the issue surely?

I hope it's ok but I wanted to know if anyone has any thoughts on this one on ebay? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/rover-75-...QAAOSwXnVe3dEE
PaulC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2020, 10:09   #2
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Has a good MOT history and has been looked after by the look of it - if you have the paperwork for the clutch work then it looks a good buy.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2020, 10:10   #3
Yorkshire GOC

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

And welcome to the fold.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2020, 10:18   #4
PaulC75

None currently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
Has a good MOT history and has been looked after by the look of it - if you have the paperwork for the clutch work then it looks a good buy.
That's what Im thinking, Ive messaged re the clutchwork so will see what he says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
And welcome to the fold.
Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 10:41   #5
DRWMGTF
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur, Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE

Morning,
Perhaps one new sill...£100?
1 months MOT....If he is so sure it would pass its MOT why did he not MOT it? It would be easier to sell.
I would wait until you find an automatic with the colour and specification that you want.
I am speaking from experience as I should have waited until I found a 75 that ticked all the boxes.
Regards David
DRWMGTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2020, 10:55   #6
PaulC75

None currently

Cheers David, I see what you're saying for sure, think ill wait and see what he says re paperwork on the clutch, if its there I'll go have a look if for no other reason to get a feel for them as a car as I've never looked at these before.
Old 8th June 2020, 12:58   #7
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

personally I would give it a wide birth, sill/sills will need doing also maybe the rear arms, colour is not great, grill is broken, basic SE, after market cooling fan fitted is it working ? the price it is at now is all it is worth in my opinion, the seller as only owned it a short while so he as not done anything to from what I can see.

There are better ones out there than that, also it depends on your budget, don't forget to look in the sales section on here.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2020, 13:08   #8
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

I'd walk away too. Welding is an expensive business, besides, it looks so 'scruffy.' Diesel clutches last years if the parts are of decent quality and have been fitted properly. But, are not so economic on fuel as the manual and add to that the extra tax for an auto and the manual becomes a better buy.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2020, 13:29   #9
PaulC75

None currently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
personally I would give it a wide birth, sill/sills will need doing also maybe the rear arms, colour is not great, grill is broken, basic SE, after market cooling fan fitted is it working ? the price it is at now is all it is worth in my opinion, the seller as only owned it a short while so he as not done anything to from what I can see.

There are better ones out there than that, also it depends on your budget, don't forget to look in the sales section on here.
Budget wise I'm happy to pay good money for the right one, the problem seems to be finding one that's not miles away :-(

How on earth do you know about an after market fan? just from the pictures?

Theres another on ebay that looks good but it's in cornwall so thats 4 hours drive to go see it :-/ Also, theres what appears to be a nice ZTT on one of the facebook groups but it's from a guy that has been banned off here so sounds like best avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heddy View Post
I'd walk away too. Welding is an expensive business, besides, it looks so 'scruffy.' Diesel clutches last years if the parts are of decent quality and have been fitted properly. But, are not so economic on fuel as the manual and add to that the extra tax for an auto and the manual becomes a better buy.
Aye, have a Mazda Bongo that's had £1k of welding to get it safe lol.

I would prefer the manual due to the economy but would be happy with the auto re the clutch but didnt realise that tax is dearer just because of the auto box I have to admit!
Old 8th June 2020, 14:36   #10
victorgte

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Stick to your guns and get exactly what you want. There are some really good ones out there so why the rush?
Your comment about how people know there is an aftermarket fan fitted?
This is why plenty of pictures are vital including the engine bay. If I’m driving a distance for the right car, I need to see as much as possible before setting off. No point spending petrol money to look at a shed.