Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th June 2020, 11:51   #31
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

5. Upper arm bolt access holes (this is what you'd see if you were the fuel tank) (LH side of car is on the right).

Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2020, 15:10   #32
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Thanks all for the replies, advice and technical support. Much appreciated.

Response from DMGR's at this stage is that I've potentially been sent a faulty bolt, so it seems that there is no intention to remove these from sale as yet.

I've ordered what I expected to receive in the first place, the genuine items from Rimmer Bros. I have no intention of struggling with this any more than I now need to. The replacement fasteners will be removed and returned.

My posts are for information to prevent others from suffering the same struggles when taking on this job. I hope that DMGR's will reconsider supplying these.

Last edited by Typhoon190; 13th June 2020 at 20:06..
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2020, 16:14   #33
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Your post is appreciated, I’m sure lots of us echo your thoughts. I buy a fair amount of spares from DMGRS (just got a £283.10 delivery), not only for myself but Swedish members too, and many others in Sweden who order from DMGRS have perhaps read my positive recommendations.

I’m sure that Mat (never hear from the other guy) will listen and act positively as no business can thrive with a reputation for supplying sub-standard parts.

Thanks again to you, and other posters for alerting us to this issue.

Regards

Ps Mat over to you ...
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2020, 16:41   #34
ceetdm
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Manual Saloon + Rover 75 CDTi Auto Saloon

As above thanks for the information- I bought a few from DMGRS for spares - never used them, never will now :-(

Tommy
Old 12th June 2020, 17:01   #35
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon190 View Post

Response from DMGR's at this stage is that I've potentially been sent a faulty bolt, so it seems that there is not intention to remove these from sale.

I've ordered what I expected to receive in the first place, the genuine items from Rimmer Bros. I have no intention of struggling with this any more than I now need to. The replacement fasteners will be removed and returned.

My posts are for information to prevent others from suffering the same struggles when taking on this job. I hope that DMGR's will reconsider supplying these.
Well well a faulty bolt eh? who would have known it

Ben you and I know that simply is nonsense, and I'm surprised at the lack of a post from DMGRS on this thread.

After all it's over nine months since this was drawn to their attention following Simon's original concerns about the shank length being incorrect, which also revealed the 8.8 tensile specification error.

I look forward to hearing the official response.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2020, 18:42   #36
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

I wonder how many bolts have been sold and survived the installation process , and are now running in an overstressed condition ?
Old 12th June 2020, 23:22   #37
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
Response from DMGR's at this stage is that I've potentially been sent a faulty bolt, so it seems that there is not intention to remove these from sale

Quote:
Hi Ben.
The above is something you would not want to hear at all, from a part that is wrong and can be dangerous as we know this is not the first time these bolts have been highlighted personally if I was running the parts company they would have been taken from the list as soon as I had the first report.

Matt & Scott whom ever is the main person of DMGRS should step in immediately and remove these from their stock.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 13th June 2020 at 08:50.. Reason: Spelling
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2020, 08:35   #38
Typhoon190
This is my second home

In all fairness, I personally have not made them aware of this thread though perhaps someone else has.

It certainly needs their attention in my opinion, for their sake as well.

I may be wrong, but I believe DMGR's may have assessed these by applying only a torsional load to the head, i.e holding the bolt in a vice. As Brian stated in his post above, the bolt comes under a tensile force which does not appear to have been considered when offering these.
Old 13th June 2020, 08:46   #39
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
In all fairness, I personally have not made them aware of this thread though perhaps someone else has.

It certainly needs their attention in my opinion, for their sake as well.

I may be wrong, but I believe DMGR's may have assessed these by applying only a torsional load to the head, i.e holding the bolt in a vice. As Brian stated in his post above, the bolt comes under a tensile force which does not appear to have been considered when offering these.
I dropped Mat a line yesterday so I hope he'll answer soon. As I said I use DMGRS a fair bit, not only because of the convenience of getting most spares from the same place but their postage rates. While there are cheaper spares on eBay (which Arctic regularly posts, thanks) few deliver to Sweden and when they do postage is often more than the article. And the few times I've had issues with items eg the upper arms, Mat has alway replied quickly and positively so I'm hoping for a DMGRS recall on these bolts. (I haven't ordered any).

Hopefully
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2020, 08:58   #40
Typhoon190
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
I dropped Mat a line yesterday so I hope he'll answer soon. As I said I use DMGRS a fair bit, not only because of the convenience of getting most spares from the same place but their postage rates. While there are cheaper spares on eBay (which Arctic regularly posts, thanks) few deliver to Sweden and when they do postage is often more than the article. And the few times I've had issues with items eg the upper arms, Mat has alway replied quickly and positively so I'm hoping for a DMGRS recall on these bolts. (I haven't ordered any).

Hopefully
Absolutely.I want to support people like Matt who have supported the brand with spares. I've not really had an issue with his customer service. Information is key here. He has looked to supply a more cost effective alternative, but in this case it simply isn't.

I have just received the genuine replacements.

Last edited by Typhoon190; 13th June 2020 at 09:00..