Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th June 2020, 18:01   #1
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Default spent most of sat/sun taking the bonnet/one wing and grille off the car

Due to a rainy weekend spent most of Saturday/Sunday taking a wing and a bonnet and a front grille off my donor car, as My Rover 75 front bonnet and one wing nearside are now getting pitted in the paintwork after 300000, plus miles, i have had the spare car for years in my garage.

the donor car a pre project drive 51 plate tourer with real wood and the rare 2.0 litre engine. I lined them up on the drive last week and thought crikey the scrapper looks better than my road going car on the paintwork.

they are both in copperleaf red, and so the time has come to switch to my better paintwork panels from my spare car to my olde faithful diesel tourer 2002.

Its a shame really as the 2.0 litre petrol which now must have petrol in the tank like paraffin starts first time every , first key turn even after several months in the garage, amazing petrol engine on that car and nowt wrong with it either even the vis on it fully operational. the V6 purrs into life so i can move it around, there cant be many 2.0 litre Rover 75s left now?? as 2002 was the last year for them, as i say this ones a 2001.

im hoping to place these on the car and switch the real wood over to my 2002 which has the imitation wood , plus fix my one door on central locking which packed up this week, first door fault in 18 years, excellent service that.

so today i was waxing up the panels and autoglyming them my god they come up good off that scraper model i have. mothballed comes to mind.
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2020, 20:54   #2
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Martin.
Did you sort out the bonnet secondary release latch, that poke through the front grill. ( FPC100200 ) I recall you saying the one on the donor car is in good condition.

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID001773

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-...-/162635933785

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2020, 01:51   #3
Pueblo_Boy
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olde faithful View Post
Due to a rainy weekend spent most of Saturday/Sunday taking a wing and a bonnet and a front grille off my donor car, as My Rover 75 front bonnet and one wing nearside are now getting pitted in the paintwork after 300000, plus miles, i have had the spare car for years in my garage.

the donor car a pre project drive 51 plate tourer with real wood and the rare 2.0 litre engine. I lined them up on the drive last week and thought crikey the scrapper looks better than my road going car on the paintwork.

they are both in copperleaf red, and so the time has come to switch to my better paintwork panels from my spare car to my olde faithful diesel tourer 2002.

Its a shame really as the 2.0 litre petrol which now must have petrol in the tank like paraffin starts first time every , first key turn even after several months in the garage, amazing petrol engine on that car and nowt wrong with it either even the vis on it fully operational. the V6 purrs into life so i can move it around, there cant be many 2.0 litre Rover 75s left now?? as 2002 was the last year for them, as i say this ones a 2001.

im hoping to place these on the car and switch the real wood over to my 2002 which has the imitation wood , plus fix my one door on central locking which packed up this week, first door fault in 18 years, excellent service that.

so today i was waxing up the panels and autoglyming them my god they come up good off that scraper model i have. mothballed comes to mind.
What luxury to have a garage big enough to hold a donor car that still works! I am so jealous, mine lives in a parking spot by the apartment block...so doing any diy (if ever I was savvy enough!) is a tad difficult. Count your blessings every day!
Interior Trim Sports PPH Black, but now with real walnut wooden trim!
One of only 20 on the road!
Pueblo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2020, 10:48   #4
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

yes buddy very lucky!! indeed
in fact the garage is big enough for 3 cars , two large ones R75 tourers and a smaller car, , however use that section partitioned off for a home gym. so just have the two slots currently.

That 2001 tourer in in very good condition also, but needs to be, as I need the panels for future usage, one of the main things having a donar car is daft stuff, like window rubbers and glass, windscreens and such like those will be nightmare to get in a few small years. so what the hell buy a whole car and Bobs your uncle.
Old 8th June 2020, 10:50   #5
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Martin.
Did you sort out the bonnet secondary release latch, that poke through the front grill. ( FPC100200 ) I recall you saying the one on the donor car is in good condition.

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID001773

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-...-/162635933785
yes Steve all good and the donar car catch is sweet to, thats going on while the bumper is off and one wing, thanks for the phone call mate