Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th November 2016, 15:24   #1
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Default Symphony replacement with Harmony UPDATE

Took the decision today to carry out planned Symphony replacement with Harmony. Removal of Symphony was straight forward no snags.
Great moment when plug from Harmony was found to be compatible with Symphony socket, simple plug and play. Took less than an hour to have Harmony in place and operating, entering code without instructions was tricky until penny dropped when it became simple.

Biggest disappointment: I also have CD player, with Cd loom in place on Harmony...but no aperture of any kind through radio bulkhead to glove box??

Thought now is to remove radio, then using a hole cutter come straight into radio compartment from glove box?

Any problem with this?
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 15:32   #2
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

If you pull the carpet down in the glove box, It's only lightly stuck down, you should find a hole already there. You might even find the 4 mounting holes as well

Last edited by Greeners; 28th November 2016 at 15:45..
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 16:47   #3
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
If you pull the carpet down in the glove box, It's only lightly stuck down, you should find a hole already there. You might even find the 4 mounting holes as well
Thanks for thee heads up, will check first thing tomorrow, appreciate the info Regards Derek
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Old 28th November 2016, 17:09   #4
Greeners

MG-ZTT

If you get stuck let me know and I'll send you the guide
Old 28th November 2016, 17:53   #5
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
promise you will be first to know Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 14:41   #6
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Hi David Exactly as you said, with glove box material removed,large hole in left corner with four smaller holes in each corner which align with my CD carriage.

I have a funny feeling your next piece of advice will be to remove glove box, and thread lead from radio compartment though bulkhead and then into bottom of glove box?
I do seem to remember that when fitting radio ,that up in the left hand corner as you look at radio compartment there was a small hole alongside what appeared to be some metal framework?

Cheers Derek
Old 29th November 2016, 14:49   #7
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Try the attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cdchanger.pdf (2.74 MB, 22 views)
Old 29th November 2016, 16:06   #8
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Try the attached
HI David...Our other car is 2010 powershift auto MX5,whenever we get updates Japanese style they are in this same format you have kindly sent me, which is let the arrows do the talking!!!

But they only go so far.....can I ask: Do I remove glove box torx screws and remove unit. Then with it out fit the CD player?
The drawings indicate Symphony not Harmony, without disconnecting harmony there is sufficient room to work inside radio compartment with radio moved out of aperture, but drawings do not make it clear where Cd cable is routed to meet up with CD player?
It also shows(apparently cable on right of glove box) whereas my CD cable access hole is on left side of glove box as you look at it?
Old 29th November 2016, 16:11   #9
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Derek

It's probably easier to take the glove box out, there are a row of screws under the front edge of the carpet, just pull it back gently.

Fit the changer then put it back in one go.
Old 29th November 2016, 16:37   #10
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin View Post
It also shows(apparently cable on right of glove box) whereas my CD cable access hole is on left side of glove box as you look at it?
If you look at pictures 13 & 14 in Greeners diagram post, the lead is on the left of the CD changer, it goes through the hole on the left of the glove box and plugs into the lead from the Symphony.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote