Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th June 2010, 22:10   #1
brownie21
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Default Asda Online £75 off

Has anyone heard of this today? I got a phonecall from a friend today saying that If I registered on the grocery website, their would be a 'Dettol competition winner' voucher presented at checkout giving you £75 off the whole bill. I gave it a try and surely enough once I filled my trolley with booze (ha ha what else) to the value of £75 I was presented with a bronze voucher button between checkout and order confirmation which when clicked wiped off 75 quid from the final bill. I now have a printed receipt for champagne and beer being delivered tomorrow morning and am only being charged the £4 delivery fee. Surely a mistake but will Asda have to honour it? I will turn the goods away otherwise but we will see

Last edited by brownie21; 12th June 2010 at 22:16..
Old 12th June 2010, 22:15   #2
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Just cant get me head around that won Do you mean you won the voucher, therefore others will not......
Old 12th June 2010, 22:15   #3
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie21 View Post
Has anyone heard of this today? I got a phonecall from a friend today saying that If I registered on the grocery website, their would be a 'Dettol competition winner' voucher presented at checkout giving you £75 off the whole bill. I gave it a try and surely enough once I filled my trolley with booze (ha ha what else) to the value of £75 I was presented with a bronze voucher button just before checkout which when clicked wiped off 75 quid from the final bill. I now have a printed receipt for goods being delivered tomorrow morning and am only being charged the £4 delivery fee. Surely a mistake but will Asda have to honour it? I will turn the goods away otherwise but we will see

Legally once the transaction has taken place - ie you have paid - They cannot do anything about it. Their loss.

Thats why we always had to be careful at teh Home Delivery centre for a certain "Home Delivery Store" .......
Old 12th June 2010, 22:22   #4
brownie21
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Just cant get me head around that won Do you mean you won the voucher, therefore others will not......

There is something about it on the moneysavingexpert forum, a lot of people have done it and are waiting to see what happens. Worst case scenario is I refuse the goods if charged full price and the order will be cancelled. I have been back into my order on the site to view it and the price is still the same - £4.35 for £75.35 worth of luvvly booze and some perfume for the missus ha ha. Will await tomorrow and report back.

Old 12th June 2010, 22:25   #5
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

ooooooooooooOh! I am very tempted to do the same,

................... hope you get you trolley load for nout, let us know if all goes well......

Have a read of this!!!!! http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/69802...hen-you-regis?

Last edited by Dallas; 12th June 2010 at 23:13.. Reason: Link
Old 12th June 2010, 23:25   #6
mamasboy
RS South East

Ford fester... blah....

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlpenn View Post
Legally once the transaction has taken place - ie you have paid - They cannot do anything about it. Their loss.

Thats why we always had to be careful at teh Home Delivery centre for a certain "Home Delivery Store" .......
They have no legal obligation to honour this as they cover their backs by saying things like "subject to availability" and "while stock lasts" gets em out of pretty much everything. If you find an error like this the best thing to do is get it for yourself and say nout to no one till you get it.
Old 13th June 2010, 14:12   #7
brownie21
Gets stuck in

They didn't honor it, driver phoned up our house telling us it was a mistake on their website and we would have to pay full price if we accepted the goods. I sent him packing!
Thought it was too good to be true!

Old 13th June 2010, 15:52   #8
brownie21
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossocorsa View Post
I think that using a voucher code that is not valid for you to use is viewed as attempted fraud tread carefully....
It was on their website available to click on for anyone at checkout and thousands have done. Attempted fraud? What am I some kind of hacker???

Last edited by brownie21; 13th June 2010 at 18:27..
Old 13th June 2010, 17:46   #9
rossocorsa
Posted a thing or two

None

asda terms and conditions

10.13 In using an eVoucher You warrant that You are the duly authorised recipient of it. If You redeem or attempt to redeem an eVoucher to which You are not entitled You may be committing a civil or criminal offence.

also have a look at this

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=594235&highlight=littlewoods

it can be a bit dangerous I understand where you are coming from about the link on Asda site though, it was rather careless of them original post deleted to avoid further offence maybe you'd like to do the same

Last edited by rossocorsa; 13th June 2010 at 18:13..
Old 13th June 2010, 17:52   #10
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasboy View Post
They have no legal obligation to honour this as they cover their backs by saying things like "subject to availability" and "while stock lasts" gets em out of pretty much everything. If you find an error like this the best thing to do is get it for yourself and say nout to no one till you get it.

The favourite one is:-

E&OE. Errors and omissions excepted. Small, but beautifully formed
Closed Thread