Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th May 2015, 12:48   #21
Gunner RA
Avid contributor

rover 75 Saloon

We have a candidate for the Ubuntu Party. No I've never heard of them either.

http://www.ubuntuparty.org.za/
Gunner RA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 12:54   #22
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

The constituency next to me has the national front with a candidate!

In mine its just the main parties. Will vote after work, still undecided who for though. Will choose once I am in the booth.
Alan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 13:01   #23
Freebyrd
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T

Been and gone and done it. 5 years gone already, where does the time go?
Freebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 14:33   #24
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

ofReebs;1994181]I've got meetings in London so will have to 'Do The Biz' once I'm home off the train this evening. I'm looking forward to watching Sky Art's coverage of the behind the scenes of the Election results programme Sky News will be putting out.

Often this is far more entertaining than the actual show itself [/QUOTE]

Well mr murdochs channel won't be on my set Paul, I wouldn't trust him to tell me if the light was on, I do agree that it will be entertaining regardless of channel, I suspect we be watching the demise of first past the post system and overdue, I hope this post will remain as my lone view is unlikely to have any effect on the outcome of the overall election carpe diem
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 14:33   #25
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
Loony Party Manicfesto 2015

The A-Z of the OMRLP Manicfesto Just a sample of what you’d get by voting for insanity… …you know it makes sense! Vote now (well, on 7th May actually). Vote OMRLP!
A.AIR bags will be fitted to the Stock Exchange immediately, ready for the next crash.
B. BRITAIN will exit Europe and join the Duchy of Cornwall to benefit from tax exemptions.
C. CAPITAL Punishment will be opposed on the grounds that it is unfair to Londoners.
D. DATA will be secured, placed in a brown bag and hidden in the PM’s socks and pants drawer.
E. Education. All University Tuition fees for women would be free as we are strong believers in Female intuition. (Due to gender equality laws we would include males as well)
F. FRIVOLOUS Fraud Office setup to inspect fraud too silly for the Serious Fraud Office.
G. GREYHOUND racing will be banned to prevent the country going to the dogs.
H. HALF the grey squirrels will be painted red to increase the red squirrel population.
I. INNOCENT prisoners will be released in order to reduce prison overcrowding.
J. JOBSEEKERS will be made to stand two abreast in order to halve dole queues.
K. KIDS will be made to sit closer together on smaller desks in to reduce school class sizes.
L. LONDON Marathon free to anyone finishing in sub-2 hours wearing large clown’s shoes.
M. MEGA carwash will be created by punching holes in the roof of the Channel Tunnel.
N. NATIONAL debt will be cleared by putting it all on our credit card.
O. OAPS will qualify for a Summer Ice Lolly Allowance if temperatures exceed 70 degrees.
P. PUDDLES deeper than 3 inches will be marked by a yellow plastic duck.
Q. QUITTERS will be encouraged not to start in the first place to improve their self esteem.
R. REGULATIONS concerning car boot sales will be relaxed to permit selling of all car parts.
S.STAMP duty will be cancelled as stamps are expensive enough without having to pay duty.
T.TERRORISTS will be made to wear Bells and Horns so we know where they are.
U.UNRULY teenagers will be superglued together as if you can’t beat them, join them.
V. VEHICLES will be fitted with bungy ropes in order to save fuel on the return journey.
W. WIND farms will be created nationwide, where breaking wind will be encouraged.
X. X-RAY machines will be manned by a skeleton staff.
Y. YELLOW lines will be painted where you can park instead of where you can’t to save money.
Z. ZEBRA crossings will be made permissible to all animals wishing to cross the road.
Yes yes yes but what about the Cannabis is safer than Alcohol Party .
What is their agenda.

Could it be " hey man just chill out "
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 14:49   #26
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Very droll
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 15:00   #27
Groundhog
Posted a thing or two

Citroen C5 Aircross

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
Loony Party Manicfesto 2015

The A-Z of the OMRLP Manicfesto Just a sample of what you’d get by voting for insanity… …you know it makes sense! Vote now (well, on 7th May actually). Vote OMRLP!
A.AIR bags will be fitted to the Stock Exchange immediately, ready for the next crash.
B. BRITAIN will exit Europe and join the Duchy of Cornwall to benefit from tax exemptions.
C. CAPITAL Punishment will be opposed on the grounds that it is unfair to Londoners.
D. DATA will be secured, placed in a brown bag and hidden in the PM’s socks and pants drawer.
E. Education. All University Tuition fees for women would be free as we are strong believers in Female intuition. (Due to gender equality laws we would include males as well)
F. FRIVOLOUS Fraud Office setup to inspect fraud too silly for the Serious Fraud Office.
G. GREYHOUND racing will be banned to prevent the country going to the dogs.
H. HALF the grey squirrels will be painted red to increase the red squirrel population.
I. INNOCENT prisoners will be released in order to reduce prison overcrowding.
J. JOBSEEKERS will be made to stand two abreast in order to halve dole queues.
K. KIDS will be made to sit closer together on smaller desks in to reduce school class sizes.
L. LONDON Marathon free to anyone finishing in sub-2 hours wearing large clown’s shoes.
M. MEGA carwash will be created by punching holes in the roof of the Channel Tunnel.
N. NATIONAL debt will be cleared by putting it all on our credit card.
O. OAPS will qualify for a Summer Ice Lolly Allowance if temperatures exceed 70 degrees.
P. PUDDLES deeper than 3 inches will be marked by a yellow plastic duck.
Q. QUITTERS will be encouraged not to start in the first place to improve their self esteem.
R. REGULATIONS concerning car boot sales will be relaxed to permit selling of all car parts.
S.STAMP duty will be cancelled as stamps are expensive enough without having to pay duty.
T.TERRORISTS will be made to wear Bells and Horns so we know where they are.
U.UNRULY teenagers will be superglued together as if you can’t beat them, join them.
V. VEHICLES will be fitted with bungy ropes in order to save fuel on the return journey.
W. WIND farms will be created nationwide, where breaking wind will be encouraged.
X. X-RAY machines will be manned by a skeleton staff.
Y. YELLOW lines will be painted where you can park instead of where you can’t to save money.
Z. ZEBRA crossings will be made permissible to all animals wishing to cross the road.
There's actually one or two very good policies in there
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 16:41   #28
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner RA View Post
We have a candidate for the Ubuntu Party. No I've never heard of them either.

http://www.ubuntuparty.org.za/
Ubuntu?

That's my computer operating system

Vote done but since the last election I've moved from one 'safe seat' to another 'safe seat'

We did have a Loony though
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 17:58   #29
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Yes, I voted a few hours ago...

I love the way we all feel united in this little Kingdom of ours - so let's forget about Scottish independence and have a party...!!!

Old 7th May 2015, 18:42   #30
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts
Thumbs up

I have done my vote, I get a postal one as I used to work away and wanted to make sure I got my say. I have never changed back.

I also convinced the 20 year old lad that works for me to vote for the first time as well, he did ask who he should vote for, I said that it doesn't really matter as long as he voted. Hopefully he will be more interested in the future, all about getting the young to turn up so many cannot be bothered. He was in the polling station for all of 50 seconds, "didn't realise it would be that easy" he said
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote