Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th October 2014, 19:53   #11
AURORA MG
Banned

(EX)-ZT-T190SE in Aurora.

I know where Whoof25 is coming from, they aren't a true replacement for the R75/ZT or any other MGR car for that matter if only for the fact that the old company is no more so traditions etc lost but much of the present design team is from the former company which is all good & the cars so far as styling is concerned have moved with the times. The problem is that MG (SIAC) don't give the impression they are interested in the UK market though one just doesn't know.
I think the MG6 is in general a good car but in reality they should have put an entirely new engine in the car if only to stop any K Series slagging off. OK we know the engine is very much reworked but Joe Public won't see that.
The plastics are rather hard & a bit nasty for the class of car & a total lack of engine choice, options & accessories does nothing to boost customer interest/attraction.
They are getting better with the MG3 but not good enough, what they need to do is get a move on with the MG6 facelift & the proposed new engines etc for both!
Then get their act together with the next models.

Last edited by AURORA MG; 8th October 2014 at 19:55..
AURORA MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 06:47   #12
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
and isn't it time someone told them most of the world drives automatics these days.
A quick look on autotrader for cars up to 3 years old shows 47,000 automatics and 147,000 manuals, so I'd say 'most' people still drive manuals.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 16:18   #13
Trevor1975
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon cdt club SE 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
A quick look on autotrader for cars up to 3 years old shows 47,000 automatics and 147,000 manuals, so I'd say 'most' people still drive manuals.
In the UK, yes, but increasingly autos are more popular - certainly losing market share being manual only - espeacially on a larger car like the MG6
Old 14th October 2014, 14:26   #14
basil
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default Automatic MG3 & 6 & TF

Hi.The Chinese Non-Auto's.My problem & Others wanted a New TF Auto from the 2009 Model,but Non Available.So then came along the New MG6,but despite myself & Others getting in touch with Longbridge,still No Auto's.And now we've still got the same problem with the MG3.I'm certainly not alone with my problem,as in MGOC "Enjoying MG"October,there's guys there,voicing the same.So get your Act together MG Longbridge,cos in China they are nearly all AUTO's,as the Cars that Drove from Bejing to Silverstone for MG90 were all AUTO's.They must be losing a lot of sales,cos not everybody likes Manuels on these chaotic Roads,we now have to drive on.Rant Over.
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 12:05   #15
Trevor1975
Gets stuck in

Well, a nice man from MG in London phoned me today... I asked for a brochure online a couple of months ago and left my mobile number...

He was quite keen that I take a test drive in an MG6, even if I wasnt going to buy one just yet...

Booked in for Saturday Morning, will feed back
Old 15th October 2014, 14:36   #16
Alan.F
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 1.8 Turbo

i know a couple of MG6 owners and Older MG6 cars (dont know if its been rectified yet) are having major computer glitches with warning lights and stuff and MG are not fixing them properly. wouldn't touch one with a barge pole

Alan.F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 16:21   #17
Trevor1975
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan.F View Post
i know a couple of MG6 owners and Older MG6 cars (dont know if its been rectified yet) are having major computer glitches with warning lights and stuff and MG are not fixing them properly. wouldn't touch one with a barge pole

I'll ask the salesman on Saturday
Old 15th October 2014, 18:06   #18
Tim
Feel the size of my Quads

MG ZT 440SE, MG HS PHEV & MG3

Get him to pop the bonnet plus look around the car, you'll recognise a few 75/ZT bits. . Do like the 6 and 3 but will be keeping what I've got for a few more years yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor1975 View Post
Well, a nice man from MG in London phoned me today... I asked for a brochure online a couple of months ago and left my mobile number...

He was quite keen that I take a test drive in an MG6, even if I wasnt going to buy one just yet...

Booked in for Saturday Morning, will feed back
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 22:28   #19
bmcman
Regular poster

ROVER 75 TOURER

Chinese are good with a bowl of rice and that is where it ends . Don't know of any thing else they do that is any good

Last edited by bmcman; 15th October 2014 at 22:30..
bmcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 22:33   #20
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcman View Post
Chinese are good with a bowl of rice and that is where it ends . Don't know of any thing else they do that is any good
Let's hope for your sake they do get things right as half of what is in your home probably came out of China