Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd July 2012, 10:33   #11
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC53 LSY View Post
I know that what I'm about to say will be controversial, but I do get fed up of the authorities being asked to concentrate their efforts on things which most people don't care less about and which just happen to raise money one way or another. I don't really care if some guy mis-spaces the letters on his plates to more accurately spell his name (contrary to popular misconception is doesn't affect ANPR). But I do care about the fact my local park is littered with dog-filth that my children tread home and there are no wardens or police enforcing the law. I also care about the fact that after dusk, gangs of youths congregate round street corners and generally make a nuisance of themselves, defacing property and terrorising the elderly who are too scared to go outside and tell them to clear off, for fear of reprisals. I also care about the fact that certain areas of big cities are no-go areas after dark for fear of being mugged or stabbed and there are no coppers to be seen. And one reason there are no coppers to be seen is because our under-resourced and over-stretched police are under instruction to drive around looking for cars whose number-plates have mis-spaced letters, or something else equally banal like hiding down a deserted country lane miles away from anywhere at 3am with a speed camera, hoping to catch someone doing 80mph in a 60-zone.

There I've said it.
I'm with you 100%! I am also getting tired of people infringing on my life, when I don't harm anybody. The problem, you see, this is profitable for the state and their hired hands.
It will only stop when you are prepared to fight for your freedom.
If not, you will continue to be treated like a serf.
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:53   #12
cargocar
Gets stuck in

rover 75 tourer auto 2001

ANPR may have a problem with CASTLE ( C 45 TLE ) and possibly with 57 OK YA (570 KYA), but a human will remember the personal regs better if needed.
cargocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:17   #13
scorpio stu
This is my second home

Jaguar 3.2 Executive

Quote:
I know that what I'm about to say will be controversial, but I do get fed up of the authorities being asked to concentrate their efforts on things which most people don't care less about and which just happen to raise money one way or another. I don't really care if some guy mis-spaces the letters on his plates to more accurately spell his name (contrary to popular misconception is doesn't affect ANPR). But I do care about the fact my local park is littered with dog-filth that my children tread home and there are no wardens or police enforcing the law. I also care about the fact that after dusk, gangs of youths congregate round street corners and generally make a nuisance of themselves, defacing property and terrorising the elderly who are too scared to go outside and tell them to clear off, for fear of reprisals. I also care about the fact that certain areas of big cities are no-go areas after dark for fear of being mugged or stabbed and there are no coppers to be seen. And one reason there are no coppers to be seen is because our under-resourced and over-stretched police are under instruction to drive around looking for cars whose number-plates have mis-spaced letters, or something else equally banal like hiding down a deserted country lane miles away from anywhere at 3am with a speed camera, hoping to catch someone doing 80mph in a 60-zone.

There I've said it.

I do make you right and you make some valid points. It does annoy me when things like this happen as in the Met with the new commisioner targeting anpr op's for no insurance etc.They have caught a huge number of illegal drivers and got intel on many criminals 'pool' cars. The problem is it's at the detriment of other crimes as they take all the resources to deal with what the commisioner wants as it looks good in the papers. I've worked for the Met for nearly 10 yrs as a civilian and the impact on our resources to deal with other crimes while the anpr operations are going on is a major strain on the control rooms and the remaining staff left on the streets...I've said to much but agree with DC53LSY (could you choose a shorter forum name ?)
Triumph Street Triple R
scorpio stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:40   #14
DC53 LSY
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio stu View Post
(could you choose a shorter forum name ?)
Just call me John. After all, that's what the wife calls me when she wants something, though normally it's "Hey you", or "Oi"
DC53 LSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:45   #15
Dantheman
Avid contributor

rover75 2003 2.5V6 Connoisseur Auto

100% with you on this - and while I can understand the benefit in targeting cars that could be used for criminal activities - no doubt the real motive behind this operation is revenue generation. Sign of the times I'm afraid.
Dantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:45   #16
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:

There I've said it.
Beat me too it!!

Still the sheeple will keep voting for more of the same!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:52   #17
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
Beat me too it!!

Still the sheeple will keep voting for more of the same!
Not sure if a having different "leadership" would really make a difference.

Are we not due to vote for police commisioners though in November? Maybe that might do some good for local issues.

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:54   #18
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Not sure if a having different "leadership" would really make a difference.

Are we not due to vote for police commisioners though in November? Maybe that might do some good for local issues.
Correct!

Although nothing will change unless you vote for it and I don't mean voting for any part of the LibLabCon!
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:57   #19
Mikejr
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer Auto Connie SE

Quote:

There I've said it.
Another 100% agreement here. There was a similar crackdown last year so thought, to avoid any problems, I'd better change mine from this

to this

At least now I shouldn't get stopped (hopefully)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mikejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:58   #20
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejr View Post
Another 100% agreement here. There was a similar crackdown last year so thought, to avoid any problems, I'd better change mine from this

to this

At least now I shouldn't get stopped (hopefully)
At least the Smiley looks better!