Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th October 2013, 20:45   #21
Andydote
Gets stuck in

ZT CDTI & 220 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
And Lidl are issue then now it you don't buy anything n their store
Any 'Parking Charge Notice' issued by a car park controlling company are worthless and should be ignored. They can't take you to court, can't threaten you and can't touch your credit file. They are just cowboy companies trying to scam the public. I've ignored loads and have never seen anything more than the odd 1 or 2 threat letters, all of which are just for scaring!

The only tickets you need to pay are council and police.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...23ce063f6c.jpg
Andydote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 20:57   #22
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

You are on the correct side of the road, unless the picture was taken in France. If it was dark i.e. night time and there was a speed limit of 40mph on that section of road, you are required to have side lights on. If 30mph then you do not need lights on.That covers a few more options for you. Tell em to go jump in the ditch.
Old 7th October 2013, 20:58   #23
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

IN simple terms, tell them to **** off...It's not even part of the road it's a ****** layby...

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 21:07   #24
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Cant believe that a warden would be on duty at that time in the evening in that lane, easy pickings but as said above it surely is a try on ?

There must be others in the same position who have also been booked, pity you cant find a few and stick together, have you tried a Google search ?

I would certainly be contacting the local paper and consider buying a bigger dog !

Just found this, Is it anywhere near here ?

http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/...park-1-4369175

If so they want you to use the proper car park but it still doesnt hide the fact about no signs etc, they cant make it up as they go along just because they are the council

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 7th October 2013 at 21:14..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 21:45   #25
Mdan
Gets stuck in

mg zt

thanks for replys ill have to look fot signage wasnt apparent i based my appeal on this and lost mayb take it further but paid so dont rhink i can do anything now we will.see....
Mdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 11:19   #26
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Just noticed a white line near the drivers front wheel?
any idea if there any more?? could be related

Also, a goole maps/street view link would help.

SteveN
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 11:25   #27
BRI
Avid contributor

75 saloon

Think they would have got very old waiting for me to pay!!
BRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 12:19   #28
Mdan
Gets stuck in

mg zt

took a good pic of the car tho dont u think
Mdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 12:50   #29
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Whilst I have every sympathy, getting a ticket is never fun, if you use 20/20 hindsight: is that a single lane road? and is that a passing place rather than a layby? I had to look at the picture a few times to come to this tentative conclusion. I.E. it's a single lane road and where the car is parked is in a passing place (although there should still be sign to label the pull in as a passing place anyway). I should also add that if it is a single lane road with passing places that it should've been signed as a clearway as well, just to be sure that there was no ambiguity.

I also took a look at the linked article, what's strange is parking is quoted as £2.50 a day (not too bad) but how much for just a couple of hours? oh, must still be £2.50! not so good, no wonder people just going to take the dog for a quick 45 minute walk don't want to pay £2.50 every time! However The annual season ticket prices (yes, I am quoting from the following linked page! annual season indeed...) aren't too bad at £35 for just one car park, or £48 for a choice of 5 country parks to go and park in year round.

http://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/e...s/carpass.aspx

Right I've probable said far too much.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 15:33   #30
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default no parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdan View Post
Parked down country lane walking my dog after 8 in evening and got £35 fine not good think Northampton council are short of few bob
If you took a photo that looks like a traffic warden in the distance did you challenge him and ask under what law he issued the ticket.

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote