Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th June 2007, 18:30   #1
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts
Default Gen Rover Fascia success

I think i have finally found an answer!! After trying to get a gen fascia and failing i tried a different plan. If you look at the picture on EPC of fascia's (can somebody post one for me please?) you get the kenwood and iovox fascia's but on the bottom left there is a 2 piece item which lock together. I think these were used on the limited use MG Rover branded radio's that had no outer surround. These worked about £6 each + vat trade so it was worth a try. My Alpine cage was fitted to the back section but i had to leave the outer edge radio trim off as there is no space for it, the radio front was fitted and then the front fascia trim fitted over the top. The result is a flush fitting radio in a genuine trim for less than £15

Only downsides i can see at the moment as i have to wait till the weekend to fit into the car, are that you need a radio that the outer edge trim can be removed and it is such a snug fit that the front panel can't be removed.
Pictures to follow if requested
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 18:36   #2
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Nicely done

Please post the pics when you have them.............

Mike
Old 6th June 2007, 19:17   #3
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

sorry about the size/quality

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by Kandyman; 7th June 2007 at 06:29.. Reason: Picture link fixed :)
Old 7th June 2007, 06:30   #4
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

That looks very good, do you have part numbers you can add to the thread
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 18:49   #5
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Will get part numbers at work tomorrow as i have to order the rubber mat for the tray above the radio. On EPC the two parts are listed for siemens audio

Found that i hadn't binned the packaging not sure which is inner/outer but they are
fjv001100pma and fjv001110pma

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 7th June 2007 at 19:07.. Reason: more info
Old 9th June 2007, 18:34   #6
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Old 9th June 2007, 18:37   #7
sworks
Been absent for a while…

and my autochanger in the boot

Old 10th June 2007, 11:00   #8
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

Is there a link for these, as looks far better than the aftermarket fascia I am using!
uk_dave&gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 12:17   #9
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_dave&gill View Post
Is there a link for these, as looks far better than the aftermarket fascia I am using!
I got this from Rimmers some time back - it may be of help

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 19:52   #10
sworks
Been absent for a while…

The picture in the previous link is what i had printed. The item number 3 is the Kenwood or iovox units which are both no longer available, and the latest prices were around the £40 mark! The parts i used were 5 and 6 which are available and are still that price from ex Rover dealerships