Notices

Old 25th October 2019, 10:10   #148991
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Morning all, thanks for all the kind wishes and comments, it means a lot. I’m still in a state of “ not with it”. I had a few tears yesterday, but have been ok since, as had a lot of phone calls to make ,and thing s to do.I will have more to do over coming months, as I am co executor of her will, along with the solicitor.This will take time as it will need to go through probate. The other thing is I can’t use her account to pay for things associated with winding up her estate because there is another person mentioned in the will.
We send you our condolences Richard. One of the first things you will have to do as a co executor is to collect the death certificate from the hospital via the mortuary or hospital registrar. My last involvement with this was in December 2016. I had to get a covering letter from the next of kin showing I was a co executor. No solicitor was involved. The death will have to be registered with the council. You will be asked how many copies of the certificate you will want. I would say no more than about 5. The registrar for births, deaths and marriages will give you a pack explaining everything with a certificate for burial/cremation. Keep the receipts for reimbursement later on. When you go to the hospital, you might be invited to view you Aunt in the viewing room of the mortuary. It is a personal thing and is something you must decide on yourself. I see the main executor is a solicitor. Let him/her take the lead.

Phil and Jessica

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 25th October 2019 at 15:00..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 10:31   #148992
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, it's chucking it down here & I've just come back from the docs & there are kids outside still letting fireworks off in the pouring rain

The docs waiting room sounded like a seal sanctuary with almost everyone coughing I hope I've not caught owt. Inner ear problems still persist with dizziness & balance problems, even turning over in bed starts the room spinning. Nowt they can do about it apparently & gave me a prescription for anti sickness tablets.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 11:48   #148993
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Morning all, thanks for all the kind wishes and comments, it means a lot. I’m still in a state of “ not with it”. I had a few tears yesterday, but have been ok since, as had a lot of phone calls to make ,and thing s to do.I will have more to do over coming months, as I am co executor of her will, along with the solicitor.This will take time as it will need to go through probate. The other thing is I can’t use her account to pay for things associated with winding up her estate because there is another person mentioned in the will.
Probate is not always necessary Richard, depends on the value of the estate but if a house forms a part of it then it usually will be a requirement. Banks etc will usually release money for funeral related expenses without probate but they will likely ask to see the death certificate and the will naming you as executor - and maybe proof of ID from yourself too.

If no house is involved then it might be possible to wind up any accounts by using the Statutory Declaration process. We used the process to sort out some of my my late father's accounts and the only cost was the fee which the solicitor charged to witness the signing of the paperwork. Their fees may vary but in our area 17 years ago we were charged £10 per declaration, each declaration being on a single sheet of A4 paper. We obtained 3 or 4 as I recall because each account required its own declaration form at that time. The forms were provided for free by the banks/BS's but the only complication was that there was no common standard as to the value of an account which they would permit the use of the Stat-Dec process. Where one would allow up to say £20,000 another might only allow £5,000. But that was 17 years ago and things might have changed since.

Also you mention the presence of a solicitor in the will and he will be able to better advise. However I would ask him about it for peace of mind particularly if no house is involved, not that he won't be honest but Stat-Dec is much cheaper than probate - and no doubt much less in legal cost too.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 11:54   #148994
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Afternoon all, condolences from us Richard, just remember to take a little time out each day for yourself otherwise it will all get to you mate.
Old 25th October 2019, 13:15   #148995
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all, it's chucking it down here & I've just come back from the docs & there are kids outside still letting fireworks off in the pouring rain

The docs waiting room sounded like a seal sanctuary with almost everyone coughing I hope I've not caught owt. Inner ear problems still persist with dizziness & balance problems, even turning over in bed starts the room spinning. Nowt they can do about it apparently & gave me a prescription for anti sickness tablets.
You want to lay off the apple sauce?
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 13:16   #148996
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Afternoon, just finished a batch of 85 beef spring rolls, 60 for an order (Ging's work colleague's church meeting on Sunday), 20 spare/for us. Can't make exactly 60, wrappers come in frozen packs of 40, need to defrost them to separate them then can't refreeze. Need a trip to the Chinese supermarket in town, get a stock of wrappers.

Remember I mentioned the incontinent valve on the cold water tank in the loft. Finally got round to doing something about it. Up the ladder with the new valve, tools etc and rapidly discovered that the valve enters through the rear of the tank and, for me, is all but inaccessible. OK, dismantled the new valve and swapped the internals, arm etc on the old valve. This is when I found out the valve is so high on the tank the water tops the overflow before the valve gets a chance to cut off, even with the type of arm with a 90 degree bend in it Got to bend the arm so that the float is a lot lower, down to the garage. Now this thing is supposed to be brass, brass is easy to bend. Maybe the valve body itself is brass but the arm isn't, arm in a vice, applied pressure . . . . DINK . . . . it broke Need to organise another trip to Screwfix.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 15:45   #148997
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
You want to lay off the apple sauce?

LOL I've been partaking in a swilly or two this afternoon as I've been watching the Matrix trilogy on DVD with Mr Anderson

And Agent Smith

And Trinity

I've had the Panasonic super dupa loud surround sound on and the cats have scarpered

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 20:18   #148998
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
LOL I've been partaking in a swilly or two this afternoon as I've been watching the Matrix trilogy on DVD with Mr Anderson

And Agent Smith

And Trinity

I've had the Panasonic super dupa loud surround sound on and the cats have scarpered

What you need is a proper cinema system Here's one i built earlier

with it's happy owner

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 20:28   #148999
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Evening all... hope you are all ok
Old 25th October 2019, 20:29   #149000
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Gd evening Andy.. Hope the holiday went well

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote