Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th October 2020, 15:51   #31
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
As I put in my post it was included in the on-line BBC News.

Kev
To me a cash machine is an ATM. How does that affect paying into a Barclays account over a post office counter while the arrangement is there?
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2020, 15:56   #32
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
To me a cash machine is an ATM. How does that affect paying into a Barclays account over a post office counter while the arrangement is there?
Depends on the intelligence that is incorporated into the machine. The point I was making, however, is that services of all types are being withdrawn at an increasing rate. This present pandemic will be the death knell.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2020, 22:12   #33
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Barclays have been trouble for years. A friend lost his business because of Barclays, some one else I know lost his house and they destroyed his credit rating so is unlikely to ever own a house again.

The first had a business loan with them and a working over draft, this would go from £0 to near its max depending on if he needed to buy supplies for new contracts and when people had paid. He had a call from his business manager saying he needed to reduce his overdraft by at least half and they were calling in his loan, no explanation and no time to arrange other loans his business collapsed to not being able to buy materials for new contracts.

The second was going through a divorce and as others who have been through this know money can become a problem. He missed a mortgage payment (Barclays mortgage ) and they then started bouncing payments even though there was enough credit in the account. Within a couple of months he was back up to date but he received a letter stating he was outside his mortgage terms and conditions. The long and the short of it was he lost his house and credit rating. He did try taking this on legally but he was warned the costs could be prohibitive.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote