Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th October 2020, 18:01   #11
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I tried to report fraud on the account yesterday and the message was"lots of other customers need our help right now and it may take more than 45 mins to speak to a customer advisor", By which time some theiving tw@ has cleared your account. When you send them a message it goes to India and you get a reply from someone asking how you are,then telling you that the d d is already cancelled, yes I know I cancelled it myself, I want YOU to block all future d d apart from the ones I have mentioned. What good is someone in India who hasn't a clue about British banking other than to be polite?
I am now monitoring the account dally to make sure no one else comes in for a share of cherry pie.

Last edited by RPWC; 25th October 2020 at 18:41..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2020, 22:33   #12
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Tonight’s reply “hello,,,,, I hope you’re well? I have raised a dispute for the direct debit, you will receive questions through the post, please be answer all correct. Have a lovely rest of day”. No mention of my request to block all future direct debits. I didn’t hold back in my reply. I said every time I send a message I only receive a repl go half of it and no one reads them properly, following up with these scammers could potentially drain the account and the bank would do nothing to stop it and their customers service was atrocious.

Last edited by RPWC; 26th October 2020 at 08:45.. Reason: Predictive text.
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2020, 01:31   #13
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Ton’s reply “hello,,,,, I hope you’re well? I have raised an e dispute for the direct Benitez, you will receive questions through the post, please be answer all correct. Have a lovely rest of day”. No mention of my request to block all future direct debits. I didn’t hold back in my reply. I said every time I send a message I only receive a repl go half of it and no one reads them properly, following up with these scammers could potentially drain the account and the bank would do nothing to stop it and their customers service was atrocious.
It is not just any one bank and it is a failure of our education system which I noticed coming into the workplace in the early 80s. Many left school then with hands full of paper and empty heads and we are now reaping the benefit (what not) of their presence in the upper echelons of all manner of outfits.

As a consequence I had your very problem with one of my banks, I always have at least two as backups. In my case an outfit called Plusnet accessed my account and changed a DD to an inflated amount which was a figment of its imagination. I had fully explained to it as for the reason why and it had agreed to get a so-called manager to review the situation. Yet despite this and without my knowledge it decided to do what it did and it was purely by chance that I noticed its antics. After consulting my bank I became aware that I did not have the control of my account that I thought I had and was advised that just cancelling the DD could be reversed by the outfit/scammer. The only solution was to cancel both the DD and my bank card which was used to set up the DD and to have a new card issued - which is precisely what I did.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2020, 08:39   #14
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

I have used Smile Bank (Co-Op) for a good maybe 15 years. Internet only but pared down very simple web site, no silly ridiculous login procedures and haven't had a single hassle all that time.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2020, 08:44   #15
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
It is not just any one bank and it is a failure of our education system which I noticed coming into the workplace in the early 80s. Many left school then with hands full of paper and empty heads and we are now reaping the benefit (what not) of their presence in the upper echelons of all manner of outfits.

As a consequence I had your very problem with one of my banks, I always have at least two as backups. In my case an outfit called Plusnet accessed my account and changed a DD to an inflated amount which was a figment of its imagination. I had fully explained to it as for the reason why and it had agreed to get a so-called manager to review the situation. Yet despite this and without my knowledge it decided to do what it did and it was purely by chance that I noticed its antics. After consulting my bank I became aware that I did not have the control of my account that I thought I had and was advised that just cancelling the DD could be reversed by the outfit/scammer. The only solution was to cancel both the DD and my bank card which was used to set up the DD and to have a new card issued - which is precisely what I did.
Steve, she must have set these d d up from her cheque book,as her card was cancelled and a new one issued which I have possession of, she has never used the card.
Old 26th October 2020, 17:20   #16
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Another day and guess what? They still have not responded to my request to block all future debits.give up, this is the third time they have fail4ed to respond to my message correctly, if I behaved like this I would have been sacked ages ago. You would think they would at least read the message through and respond with" which part did you not get a response to.?"
Old 26th October 2020, 18:14   #17
theoldcodger
the Old Codger

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Barclays Bank

I had a Barclays account for 30 years & I always felt they were ripping me off. I changed to Alliance & Leicester which became Santander & have since realised that Barclays Bank definitely was "ripping me off". I would not recommend them to anybody!!!
theoldcodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2020, 19:28   #18
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

This Which? report makes interesting reading.

https://www.which.co.uk/money/banking/bank-accounts/best-an!d-worst-banks-a3q5d8c6dj7y

Barclays gets 3 out of 5 for customer service. 10 out of the 20 banks listed get 3 out of 5 so they are not alone . And 3 is the lowest score in the list.

Tesco bank and RBS are at the bottom so I'm wondering just how bad they are .

Six banks get 5/5 so probably worth having a look around. Starling bank (never heard of them until a few days ago when I saw an advert on the telly) gets 5/5 for each of the 3 categories.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2020, 19:30   #19
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
My biggest gripe with Barclays is how they have closed the vast majority of their branches.We have one branch left now here in Derby,in the city centre.I normally travel to a nearby small town as it's easier and free to park.They are not on there own in closing branches though,the other high street banks are doing the same.Worth remembering that you can pay into a Barclays business or private bank account at any post office.
Except I read on the BBC News (26/10) that the Post Office is to remove a number of cash machines. They want everyone to be on-line so that they can do monetary transfers at 20p a go. However, "customers" or "clients" will not have much chance of a face-to-face discussion and get things sorted immediately. I'm thinking of closing my accounts and putting the few bob I have under the mattress!

Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 29th October 2020 at 18:12.. Reason: spelling
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2020, 19:37   #20
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
When I first started work we were all introduced to Barclays, and once married we both stuck with them. Due to Barclays inaction on a business deal we lost our house.

I joined Nationwide about 1980 and have found them outstanding; their online Banking is very secure.

Ask any Banking institution you consider how they will do the change for you, good luck.
"Nationwide"...… I found them to be totally useless. I paid in a couple of cheques worth about £170 into an account holding £2k approx. I then asked to withdraw £100. Could I show some identification? Well I could but dammed if I would so stated no. In that case Sir I cannot proceed with the transaction. So.….I can pay in any amount into a Nationwide a/c without showing ID but not get my own money out! That's about it sir. o.k. can I close the a/c here and now? Well...….yes! Good, then do it!

All banks (and building Societies perhaps) are the same nowadays so you wont gain changing all the time.

Baaah Humbug!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote