Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th September 2007, 09:54   #11
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Sorry John, I was answering Trebor.
Yours is obviously a mechanical problem or possibly a sub-standard tyre?
Best of luck with that one.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 10:15   #12
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Cheers Mick.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 10:21   #13
tigerchubs
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT+ in Yorkshire Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
I have just the one tyre wearing (as in above post) have had the 4 Wheel alignment rechecked with full fuel and they could find nothing wrong at rear, so furthr investigation required.
Firstly thought I'd have rear tyres reversed/balanced etc to see if tyre fault or is car fault.
Tyres are Good Year Eagle F1 NCT's.

Jon
Are these guys are in your neck of the woods www.rsemotorsportuk.com they were recommended to me by pro-align, I think he said they were in Conwy? I would advise if you use these guys to enquire about the issue of fuel levels as Autodata books, the industry bible for these settings don't state any ballast required for our vehicles when using their data.
Old 26th September 2007, 10:45   #14
JohnDotCom

Thanks. Yes they are right opposite a massive Vehicle Dismantlers in Llandudno Junction, about 18 - 20 miles away.
Will give them a try as the Company I have been using do say nothing is wrong and all the rest of it.
Old 26th September 2007, 16:05   #15
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Have been phoning around today to get a price on 4 wheel alignment and discovered not many companies do it. A lot of them still use the old way of lining up the front using the back as template - no good if your back wheel is out !

Anyway i could only find Kwik Fit in Telford to do laser 4 wheel alignment and they want a possible £80 ( £49.95 to check all 4 wheels and adjust front wheels and £14.95 for each rear whell that needs changing.

My question is what can they adjust on the back wheels to realign the tracking, is there an adjuster of some sort ?

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 19:32   #16
andyw
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi (departed to pastures new) MGTF, MGC,

Trebor

Give these guys a try http://www.chemix-autocentres.co.uk/detailswednesfield I used them in January and they have made a huge improvement to the wear rate of my rear tyres. NSR wore out in 15000 miles Now they are up to 21000 and counting. They do a laser check for free and then charge you to correct the crab once they have shown you the printout.

They were recommended to me by someone on here or the other place. I took a bit of a gamble because I was passing through on the way from Manchester to Swindon but they did the business for me. It took approx 40 minutes.

On the rear I believe they unbolt the arm that the wheel hangs on and adjust the whole unit

Andy
andyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 20:58   #17
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts
Smile

Thanks AndyW you're a star - this is only about 10 minutes drive from where i live so will give them a ring tomorrow.
I am still hoping that the garage that are supplying my 75 will carry out a 4 wheel check for me but they do not have the facilities themselves although they use a firm in Bedford somewhere to check the Subarus that they are now a dealership for.
Even if they do check it i will still visit the place in Wednesfield for a check for peace of mind which may even be free - Kwik Fit want £50 up front to carry out the check.

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 21:37   #18
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerchubs View Post
if you use these guys to enquire about the issue of fuel levels as Autodata books, the industry bible for these settings don't state any ballast required for our vehicles when using their data.
Hi,

The original repair and procedures manual for the Rover 75, produced for the industry by Thatcham in 1999, contains the instructions for carrying out wheel alignment only with a full fuel tank. Happy to post a copy of the relevant page if that would help - as soon as I find the ****** thing in my archive doh!

Regards

Mike
Old 26th September 2007, 21:42   #19
JohnDotCom

Get digging then Mike. LOL.
Old 26th September 2007, 21:47   #20
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
Get digging then Mike. LOL.
Your not joking John! Do you know if I get much more for this archive I'll be forced to index it and perhaps even store it all in an orderly fashion - now that will be a first for me lol