Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st April 2009, 18:26   #1
jaygee
Avid contributor

Jaguar XJ6 SE.3.0 x350 also a Mitsubishi Outlander 04 reg 2.4 sport 4x4 in silver...

Default Service

I am taking my car in for a service on Monday i also want the anti-freeze and brake fluid changing so can anyone tell me the correct type of oil and anti-freeze to use on my 2003 75 cdti it has done 34000 miles and the last service was October 2007 and it has done 4000 miles since then.

thank you in advance
john

Ps. it is going in a non rover garage..
Old 1st April 2009, 19:00   #2
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

If you wish to follow the MGR schedule, your car needs an annual service or every 15K miles, which ever occurs first. My inclination would be to make this next service the 6th year 'Inspection' schedule (Type B) if the garage knows what that is. If not, you can do some of it yourself. It involves the standard engine oil/filter change as well as the brake fluid, coolant, pollen filter replacement and a plenum check (vital!) Some of these jobs will not be included by garages unfamiliar with these cars so you should learn what the less common but vital checks entail. This is really about looking carefully around the engine for coolant and oil leaks and keeping the plenum drains clear. You can replace the pollen filter yourself. You should look up the servicing of the crankcase ventilation and the exhaust gas recirculation systems. This stuff isn't included in the schedules but has a profound effect on engine health. Read up about the MAF too. This stuff is discussed regularly on the forum.

Here's the complete MGR schedule. Just follow the appropriate column and any diesel specific jobs:

The correct antifreeze concentrate for these cars is the red/orange coloured 'OAT' type. This should be mixed 50/50 with tap water. The diesel requires 8.2 litres of this coolant mixture.

The engine requires 6.8 litres of oil. This oil should comply with the ACEA A3 and B3 specifications and have a viscosity index of 5W/30, 5W/40 or 0W/40. Mr Haynes quotes 10W/40 and 15W/50 so there are several options.

The brake fluid must comply with the DOT4 specification.

T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote