Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th May 2017, 20:16   #461
Simulator
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Hi Sean,
Well pleased with the Nav Star which is now installed and boots up almost immediately. Just a couple of questions:
1) how is the dashboard cam operated, when pressing DVR I get warning 'insufficient memory' only 7gb available although front camera shows on screen
2) On the rear camera there are two very thin 'blue' wires coming out of the yellow phono plug. The wiring diagram is not clear some instructions indicating they are not required?
3)The OBD engine diagnostic does not pair up. There appears to be some reports that the diagnostics are not available on the 75's prior to 2002. Mine is a 2001 model.
Hope you can help
Gerry
Simulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2017, 16:22   #462
gazcaz
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT

Cool

Anyone know why i keep loosing my ring tone on the Naval Star ? Sean said contact APP ? who are they ?

234th of 2,834 Trophy Blue ZT 190 + Saloons Produced
14th of 27 MG ZTs Produced on 27-09-2001
gazcaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2017, 16:14   #463
John Armstrong
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Diesel Saloon

Jeff: Anyway of improving the radio reception - what I'm receiving is reasonable minus but if I put new speakers in would it improve reception - same 75 aerial...cheers
John
John Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2017, 11:33   #464
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Armstrong View Post
Jeff: Anyway of improving the radio reception - what I'm receiving is reasonable minus but if I put new speakers in would it improve reception - same 75 aerial...cheers
John
Hi John,

Replacing speakers will have no effect on radio reception other than improving overall sound quality on all sources.

Can't say for sure why your reception is bad.
Best to check things such as the connections to the aerial amp and screen aerial and also to make sure you have a good connection at the head unit end as well
Old 15th June 2017, 14:57   #465
Simulator
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Unhappy Dash cam

Any computer wizkids around? I have installed a Navall Star with a dash cam .This automatically starts recording on every trip and stores them on the sd card. My problem is when I try to playback the recordings, it comes up with a message 'can't play this - media error'. I have purchased two 32GB sd cards but it does it on both. I have formatted both cards.
Old 15th June 2017, 15:49   #466
philm
Loves to post

rover 75 tourer

Are you trying to play them back via a pc or on the head unit,you need a media player capable of playing whatever format the original recording has been done in sorry to be a bit vague,any further info you have may be helpful.
philm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 18:50   #467
Peterd1947
Regular poster

MG ZT 260

Default O' woe is me

Had the Navall Star for 6 months now. Sat nav keeps losing signal every few minutes sometimes usually at a critical time, DTV does not work even after a replacement box ( original was wrong configuration) and reverse camera worked intermittently but 3 weeks ago stopped working totally. After my experience including numerous emails and phone calls to resolve and seeing the various posts. I now conclude that the system is not fit for purpose. If you are considering a purchase, don't. You have been warned.
Peterd1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 19:28   #468
Simulator
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Hi, I tried playback on the head unit, hence the 'media error' message. I then used my laptop but have to admit I didn't use a media player and identify which format it uses. I'm bit of a duffer with computers!?
Old 15th June 2017, 22:54   #469
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterd1947 View Post
Had the Navall Star for 6 months now. Sat nav keeps losing signal every few minutes sometimes usually at a critical time, DTV does not work even after a replacement box ( original was wrong configuration) and reverse camera worked intermittently but 3 weeks ago stopped working totally. After my experience including numerous emails and phone calls to resolve and seeing the various posts. I now conclude that the system is not fit for purpose. If you are considering a purchase, don't. You have been warned.
Peter We have 100's of these out there working well, like every electronic there are often niggles From Navall to Iphones to Big Brand Head units and HP Computers !
-GPS Sounds like a reception issue. Please tell me where is the aerial placed and did you try it out of the car to see if reception improves?
-Is the reverse camera Plugged? That sounds like a disconnection somewhere , these very very rarely fail.
- You say DTV doesnt work, And a replacement doesnt work? But probably 150 others are on te Star. That tells me something is either wrong with the installation or the reception.

Can you send the unit to us for checking? Thats what we are here for

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 18:45   #470
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Hi Sean - I bought a pre-owned Star and love it. I have had a couple of issues with it being unable to lock onto satellites- but have noticed that this occurred near military bases. There are a lot around Salisbury. I also just turned off the ignition - so I now power the SatNav down, and so far - no more problems.

One thing I could do with some help with is changing the Rover logo on start up to MG. Jeff and I tried the usual codes but no joy. And when we tried 0000 - the unit shuts down and reboots itself.

So any thoughts on what I am doing wrong and the correct code to get to the logo options menu?
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote