Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th May 2017, 17:46   #161
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJohn View Post
Now that's an interesting difference in what Stuart and I have been doing. I have just been running the apk by clicking on it in Filebrowser, I have no idea if that makes a difference or not though!

Mike
Shouldn't make any difference, whichever way you do it the same APK file gets run and extracted.

Let's not confuse the issue though - we know using the APK Installer app produces working results, so we'll stick with that!
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 18:28   #162
MikeJohn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Sean sent me a test release of new firmware for the eclipse a couple of days ago.

It installed ok, a bit worrying as it sits there for several minutes with a progress bar barely moving, but it got there eventually.

Once installed then running IGO from the GPS card worked ok so the worst issue seems to be resolved which is good news indeed!

I still get one error on first installation, but that does not stop it running after it's installed.

I am not sure how or when he will make this available to everyone, but it should I hope be soon.

I can't test all the iPhone functions as I don't have an iPhone, but the Bluetooth seems stable and mine has been connecting reliably to my Galaxy S7.

Still some odd spelling on some screens and messages, but those are minor in comparison.

Hope that helps others who hit the problem with igo etc when it came out.

Mike
MikeJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2017, 06:32   #163
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Technical question that the Eclipse owners might be able to answer.

The Eclipse (and some other models) have the hot start function, meaning it will power up very quickly if it has been used recently.

How long does it take (roughly) before the hot start changes into a cold start? 2 days? 5 days? 2 weeks? a month?
Old 27th May 2017, 07:46   #164
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post
Technical question that the Eclipse owners might be able to answer.

The Eclipse (and some other models) have the hot start function, meaning it will power up very quickly if it has been used recently.

How long does it take (roughly) before the hot start changes into a cold start? 2 days? 5 days? 2 weeks? a month?
I often work away from home, so leave my car in airport carport for over a week. I come back and its instant on, also does not seem to hurt my battery, so guess it permanently powered.
aircub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2017, 07:48   #165
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJohn View Post
Sean sent me a test release of new firmware for the eclipse a couple of days ago.

It installed ok, a bit worrying as it sits there for several minutes with a progress bar barely moving, but it got there eventually.

Once installed then running IGO from the GPS card worked ok so the worst issue seems to be resolved which is good news indeed!

I still get one error on first installation, but that does not stop it running after it's installed.

I am not sure how or when he will make this available to everyone, but it should I hope be soon.

I can't test all the iPhone functions as I don't have an iPhone, but the Bluetooth seems stable and mine has been connecting reliably to my Galaxy S7.

Still some odd spelling on some screens and messages, but those are minor in comparison.

Hope that helps others who hit the problem with igo etc when it came out.

Mike
I also have had the Beta a but longer than Mike, and can confirm that the Igo works, as Mike said I did get an out of memory error after first boot but never again. As to the bluetooth, works great with iPhone as long as you pair it correctly, (see a previous post of mine). Sean said it will be out shortly, he just wanted to make sure that it runs smoothly for a bit before releasing it.
aircub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 08:37   #166
Eric Druyts
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Cdti Connoisseur SE

Default destination : longitude and latituda

I sometime visit places, for which theree are not yet existing correct address details. In that case I put in longitude and latitude.
I don't see in the eclipse possibility for putting in longitude and latituede as destination. Or did I miss that possibility ? If not available, any ideas?

ps @ mike and stuart : installation procedures seem this time to have succeeded, altough I still must test it being on the road
Eric Druyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 08:49   #167
StuartB
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Druyts View Post
I sometime visit places, for which theree are not yet existing correct address details. In that case I put in longitude and latitude.
I don't see in the eclipse possibility for putting in longitude and latituede as destination. Or did I miss that possibility ? If not available, any ideas?

ps @ mike and stuart : installation procedures seem this time to have succeeded, altough I still must test it being on the road
Hi Eric

You could try Menu/Find/More/Find Co ordinates

Cheers

Stuart
StuartB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 18:11   #168
Radioguy
Banned

None

Default Saving DVR Files

Hi folks , sorry for the lack of posts ...........The DVR record files can be saved Onto the Nand flash or GPS card, but cannot be saved onto the MEDIA SD card.
Refer to my screenshot images as below please:

Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 18:24   #169
Radioguy
Banned

None

Default First name and last name issue on BT dialer

First name and last name issue on BT dialler:
1/. connect with the phone:

2/. Sync the phonebook:

3/. It doesnt show names on favorites in dialer.But there are call records there:
Old 5th June 2017, 18:25   #170
Radioguy
Banned

None

Default Update

Please email for UPDATE and Instructions Dated May 2017
sales
Cheers
Sean