Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th December 2018, 19:08   #211
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Earlier today i decided to try one of the supposedly new mounts which are for the diesel nowadays as the original on my Tourer was starting to split in the usual places, i have had this mount since 24/11/18.

Once fitted right away i can see stress on the rubber and that is only having the engine weight on it, i will check this again after about a months use.

If the above does not do it's job I may then try the jag mount in the link below,to see if that fairs better once the bracket as been modified to stop the fouling on the alloy small sectin of the mounts & bracket.
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...&postcount=192

After that it will be the original if i can track one down with the letter T on. ?
Makes interesting reading, still need to do my own mount at some point soon, how does the jag mount stack up against the others in terms of transmitted vibration ? I have heard really good things about the 'Chinese copy', supposed to be as good if not better than the original oem unit??
I would like to get it right first time without either wasting money or having to get my hands dirty all over again.
gadget1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 19:10   #212
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I am starting to think the ZT may need a new mount, but the tray prevents me from trying to look, as does work, dark nights and weather. All this lettering makes me very confused. Are the poly bushes no good? What part do I need for a 2.5 auto? I think I got the one for my black V6 from Matt. Will have to check, but I assume theyre the same.
Hi Dawn.
The power flex mount for the 2.0 & 2.5 is excellent on the petrol engine it always as been, the link below is the right power flex and will out last any rubber mount, but again my advice would be to use the original centre from the original mount as it as a nylon sleeve rather than use the solid metal centre that is supplied with the power flex mount.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Powerflex...0fF:rk:37:pf:0

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 19:26   #213
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget1960 View Post
Makes interesting reading, still need to do my own mount at some point soon, how does the jag mount stack up against the others in terms of transmitted vibration ? I have heard really good things about the
Quote:
'Chinese copy', supposed to be as good if not better than the original oem unit??
I would like to get it right first time without either wasting money or having to get my hands dirty all over again.
Hi Darsie.
I could not agree with the outlined sentence above regarding the Chinese mount, if we could be sure that the original diesel mount with the letter T was just that, and not some made up compound which reflects it with a letter M now printed on it with a yellow dot then personally I think it is chalk & cheese put against the Chinese copy, which is from what I gather is one fits all no matter what part number they put against it.

Power flex is a good alternative if you use the original centre from the old damage original mount, it will certainly out last the Chinese mount.

As stated above I have recently fitted a Chinese mount and right away i could see stress on the rubber, after being on for the car for about 12 days i am starting to feel a slight thud when putting it into drive and or reverse, I can also feel when the auto box changes up or down, once i have chance i will be fitting a Jag mount but it will be with the bracket that as been modified so the mount does not foul the bracket, this will stop that little vibration /tapping noise which can occur.

ad altiora tendo.

Last edited by Arctic; 12th December 2018 at 19:31.. Reason: Spelling
Old 12th December 2018, 20:32   #214
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

I am going to look in the garage at the weekend then Steve. I think I kept the old mount off my Contemporary. If I still have it I could get it made up to fit beforehand! Not that I have a clue! Does the small bush get changed too?
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 22:42   #215
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I am going to look in the garage at the weekend then Steve. I think I kept the old mount off my Contemporary. If I still have it I could get it made up to fit beforehand! Not that I have a clue! Does the small bush get changed too?
Hi Dawn.
The small bush is ok 99.9% of the time and does not need changing.

ad altiora tendo.

Old 13th December 2018, 11:45   #216
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

If I can find the other mount is there a how to guide on how to fit the powerflex in the bracket part? Thanks ☺
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2018, 14:09   #217
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Quote:
Power flex is a good alternative if you use the original centre from the old damage original mount, it will certainly out last the Chinese mount.
Silly question time
Why is it better to use the original centre and would this not void the lifetime guarantee?

Sorry if this has been explained before

Stan
Old 13th December 2018, 14:42   #218
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Hi Darsie.
I could not agree with the outlined sentence above regarding the Chinese mount, if we could be sure that the original diesel mount with the letter T was just that, and not some made up compound which reflects it with a letter M now printed on it with a yellow dot then personally I think it is chalk & cheese put against the Chinese copy, which is from what I gather is one fits all no matter what part number they put against it.

As stated above I have recently fitted a Chinese mount and right away i could see stress on the rubber, after being on for the car for about 12 days i am starting to feel a slight thud when putting it into drive and or reverse, I can also feel when the auto box changes up or down, once i have chance i will be fitting a Jag mount but it will be with the bracket that as been modified so the mount does not foul the bracket, this will stop that little vibration /tapping noise which can occur.
Hi, all confused now, could have sworn I read the Chinese / Roeway? was a good alternative to oem.
There seems to be no 'clear winner' when it comes to the bottom mount, I guess i'll have to just make a decision and take the plunge, got to get it sorted as it doesn't look in the best condition.
Was kind of hoping there would be only one obvious choice, hahaa.
gadget1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2018, 08:10   #219
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
Silly question time
Why is it better to use the original centre and would this not void the lifetime guarantee?

Sorry if this has been explained before

Stan[/QUOTE
]

Hi Stan.
It helps cut down/out the vibration and slight ticking noise you can get from the full metal insert that is sent with the power flex mount, the original as a nylon sleeve in the centre, I doubt the warranty would be void because if they fail because of the metal centre then they would be not fit for purpose.

You can use there metal insert I just found the original is better my personal choice so I passed my thoughts and test onto the forum.

ad altiora tendo.

Old 15th December 2018, 11:03   #220
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Many thanks arctic , will use the nylon insert then when I can muster up the energy to crawl under the car , much too cold for me right now

Stan