Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th May 2009, 21:19   #1
kevin9885
Regular poster

rover 75 saloon 55 plate 2.0 CDTI

Default Another clutch master cylinder story

Hope this is of interest and in the right forum

Purchased my Rover 75 3 weeks ago, noticed clutch pedal very heavy and a strange creaking/groaning sound when pedal depressed.
Also knocking from front end on slow movement on drive or when coming to rest(I know this is a different problem:lol.

To cut a long story short, car returned to supplying dealer along with a complaint about the above problems.

First problem solved by removing both struts cleaning mounting points and applying light grease??( is this a correct or permanent solution?). Too date she has not knocked from the front end since this modfication:lol:

Finally to the problem of the clutch master cylinder-:

The creaking/groaning sound has ben diagnosed as requiring a new clutch master cylinder, dropped her off this evening to have work carried out under warranty. Will collect her to-morrow evening and post a report on whether this cures the creaking/groaning and heavy pedal.

Thanks for reading this thread, hope it is not too long or boring:lol:.

Kevin9885

Further Clutch Developements_:

Picked her up, clutch pedal feeling much better. Less dead travel, but now clutch judder from cold and when warmed up.
B****y hell,

Contacted supplying dealer again, made appointment to have her checked out again.
Dealer called next day to say new clutch required, but may not be covered by warranty. Cannot repeat my reply, but after an E-mail to dealer principal and a meeting that evening all sorted.
Replacement clutch is covered after all!!!!

she is booked in next week to have work done, I will post again when work complete.

Last edited by kevin9885; 4th June 2009 at 18:30.. Reason: Addition
kevin9885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 09:34   #2
eskezz
Loves to post

rover 75 saloon

It's never boring to read what's going on out there with our cars. All part of the learning process I say. I took out a Tesco 12 month warranty when I bought the car last October and hope to never have to use it but will do the same when it comes around for renewal. One job and the cost is covered.Hope your problem is fixed.
eskezz is offline   Reply With Quote