Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th August 2019, 22:00   #1
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Default Halfords at it again

Today I visited a friend near Malvern an on out return from lunch his battery in his Skoda had barely enough power to start his car. Rather than risk it we popped down to Halfords and they offered to fit it for him.

The guy came out with new 5 year guarantee battery and a selection of tools. He undid the terminals and could not get them off the battery so he levered them off with a screwdriver . He then wripped the cover that goes around the battery and just said it does not fit. Finally he dropped the clamp bolt and rather than retrieve it he just said the new one does not need it as it is a ''good tight fit'' . I challenged him saying it was law that it needed one and he said '' not if they are this tight''.

My mate paid and when he started the car the radio code had gone, the airbag light and engine management light were on. He went in to complain and the manager came out with the guy who had installed the battery, he explained to him he should have put a memory saver in the OBD slot and them apologised to my Friend. He then told my friend if he wanted to get it recoded and get the warning lights put out they would pick up the tab. We popped into the local dealer who popped out with there box of tricks and the guy said ''just give us a £5''.

The clamp bolt is on order as that was no where to be found.

Gives me no confidence if they cant even change a battery. I dread to think how they would get on with a headlight bulb in a Ford Focus ( bumper off)
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote