Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The South East
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th June 2012, 08:46   #1
mamasboy
RS South East

Ford fester... blah....

Default **Ammended **South East inaugural club meet and fix - Bexhill-on-sea Sept 8th 2012

Ammended now with new date - 8th September and location SEC autos(Seancars workshop grounds).
I must offer you all my apologies but i'm afraid I had a message from the school saying they had double booked their grounds and had to honour the first parties and their grounds were not available in the weeks after as it was term time.. Therefore Sean of Seancar fame has offered to clear his yard and allow us to use the grounds (which is why he cant do it for the origonal date due to only getting back of his hols a few days before the origonal date leaving him insufficient time to clear the yard), which although are not huge, are sufficient for our needs with ample parking available roadside on a very quiet cul-de-sac - not ideal but the best I can do at this time.
I'm very sorry if this upsets anyones plans and hope all can attend this new date.

We may struggle to have a T4 owner attend as eurorover was available specifically on the old date, however Ed (rover54) now has a T4 setup which he is quite new to and rapidly learning the ropes so he can support diagnosis at least on the day, unless between now and then he can master the box of wizardry! I will renew my appeal for a T4 owner to do xpower upgrades, IPK pairingect so watch this space.

Seans grounds are beside the school so the link below is still valid

http://www.secautos.com/default.html

SEC Autos - 85 Ashdown Rd, Bexhill-On-Sea, TN40 1SF

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&aq=2s&aqi=g2g-s2&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih =652&wrapid=tljp1340525438481227&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=st+richard's+catholic+college&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=st +richard's+catholic+college&cid=0,0,51872067858680 79357&sa=X&ei=uMzmT_HOMPPa0QWzqrXoCA&sqi=2&ved=0CK wBEPwSMAA

So I am asking for as much support as possible from members new and old, near and far, male and less male.

Thus far we can ensure WC facilities and catering (BBQ) are taken care of but any suggestions for more facilities would be appreciated.

We also lack a T4 machine and magician in this area and would love for a T4 genius to attend and offer their magic services.

Sean has his workshop in very close proximity and on the day will have 2/3 mechenics at his disposal and will offer discounted labour rates on basic service items as follows:

1. Oil/Air/Pollen/Fuel filter changes
2. Brake pads and discs (fronts and rears)

He will also have a supply of service kits and timing belt kits to take away. He cant really do timing belts on the day but can take bookings.

A machine polish will be available, all Sean/Pete ask is you are responsible for washing the car beforehand (a hand car wash business is located within 100yrds of the meet if required). Pete polished mine a few months back and I was very pleased with the results, i'm embarrassed to go there now unless it looks pristine!

Sean also aims to have at least one if not two donor cars available on the day should anyone need parts immediatly, along with his vast stock of off the shelf parts.

He has asked me to let you know that his spray shop facility will be back up and running soon and his offer of bumpers sprayed and delivered at a very keen rate will be available for pre-order and can be fitted on the day so plan ahead and save yourself a lot of time and effort.

Please contact Sean direct for ideas of prices and give him an adea of what you may need on the day to ensure he has enough parts - I have nothing to do with Seans business (other than I live close and keep poping in to pinch the odd bit which he turns a blind eye to!)

As this is a new meet and i've never been to a meet before, I have no idea if there are club banners available for such an event but I have no MG/Rover memoribila to speek of so and offers of flags or banners to loan for the day would be gratefully recieved.

Also Steve (Arctic) , as you may all know, supplies re-conditioned and modified handbrake compensators. I have fitted one and it's a easy enough job thanks to Steves "How to". If anyone attending contacts Steve and has a compensator with them to fit i'll be glad to help with that and do the donkey work if needed. Please dont waste time with the regular chocolate metal OEM compensator - get Steves, it's better and cheaper in the long run. See this link for detailshttp://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ight=handbrake

Please let me know if you will be attending and I will keep a running list on this thread.

This is a good chance to form a great network of members in the region so please support it any way you can.

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Last edited by mamasboy; 18th July 2012 at 19:57.. Reason: Correct Disclaimer added as per Club Rules
mamasboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2012, 08:49   #2
mamasboy
RS South East

Ford fester... blah....

Sorry I should also say this is not, as yet an official club meet and therefore will not be covered by club insurances etc.
Old 24th June 2012, 09:27   #3
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts

Stick my name down please. Not sure what wheels I'll be bringing though.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2012, 09:37   #4
Johnny the Fox
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT Saloon and MGF SE

Put me down too Please

At last a SOUTH EAST meet

Just hope the Salty air doesn't accelerate the rusting process
Old 24th June 2012, 12:45   #5
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

we will be there put out name down lol
can we make it a family day as well all the family welcome i have a customer with bouncy castle and is a kids entertainer so going to try and get him down for the day. we are sorting out a big bbq so you wont go hungry. we are hoping for a good day if its busy and everybody enjoys it there will be more meets
seancar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2012, 16:24   #6
eurorover
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

As other post im in Eastbourne that weekend and will have my T4 with me
eurorover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2012, 16:39   #7
mamasboy
RS South East

Ford fester... blah....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurorover View Post
As other post im in Eastbourne that weekend and will have my T4 with me
Just to follow up with big thanks to Wyn, could anyone interested in xpower upgrades or any other diagnostics let me know so Wyn can allow enough time to carry out any requests. If you are unsure of what T4 is it a MG Rover specific diagnostic tool. Please see this thread to see all the options that the T4 machine can enable/Disablehttp://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...hlight=enabled
also this link has some more infohttp://www.75ztcommunity.co.uk/t4-options-t620.html
Old 25th June 2012, 08:34   #8
Johnny the Fox
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT Saloon and MGF SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasboy View Post
Just to follow up with big thanks to Wyn, could anyone interested in xpower upgrades or any other diagnostics let me know so Wyn can allow enough time to carry out any requests. If you are unsure of what T4 is it a MG Rover specific diagnostic tool. Please see this thread to see all the options that the T4 machine can enable/Disablehttp://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...hlight=enabled
also this link has some more infohttp://www.75ztcommunity.co.uk/t4-options-t620.html
Book me in for my IPK upgrade
Old 25th June 2012, 12:19   #9
ednersand
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

would there be a charge for a 116 to 135 remap if so how much please
February'13
auto box rebuild £1440
March '13
new tyre £65
brake pads all around £140
spring £95
June '13
spring,track rod end and wishbone bush £240
July '13
under bonnet fuel pump £85
ednersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 20:27   #10
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

I was about to put my name down for this then I noticed it's a Saturday meet so I can't make it..
Cheers Ian