Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th February 2013, 18:13   #1
BlueTrophy
Loves to post

Volvo V50!

Default Alpine CD changer to boot

Hi folks,

Ever since I got my ZT I have been frustrated that the car is lovely and big but my Alpine CD changer takes up the entire glovebox So I decided to move it to the boot. Behind the head-unit I found the cable that connects the HU to the changer is around 5 metres long (no exaggeration) and neatly tied up with tape. I've unhooked this and found I could relocate the changer to a trailer should I so wish. The changer was in the glovebox held in with double-sided tape.

I've had a thorough rummage and look at Rimmer Bros and I've concluded I need XQU000410 to mount the thing in the boot and also the brackets for the changer itself. My question is - whereabouts in the boot is the changer supposed to be mounted. I couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere.

Thanks!
BlueTrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2013, 19:54   #2
babrat61
Regular poster

MG ZT-T and MG ZT260SE

Hi. If your ZT is a tourer then the CD unit is mounted behind a removeable trim panel on the RHS Just to the rear of the inner wheelarch. I am not sure if the same applies to Saloons.
I have owned my ZT-T from New (2003) and I am about to replace the unit for the 3rd time!! Seems the moisture content in the wheel arch area must affect the unit and destroy it...at least in my car!
babrat61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2013, 20:05   #3
BlueTrophy
Loves to post

Volvo V50!

Thanks for the info! It's a saloon (should have said really) and there is a carpet bit there and a bit for what looks like where the GPS drive would go.
Old 6th February 2013, 07:39   #4
Duotone
This is my second home

Here is a "how to" . probably the easier option, rather than buying the bracket and changer cover.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...t=changer+boot

The left picture shows a sat nav unit fitted to the right side of the boot, a cd changer would be fitted in the same place.

This shows the bracket that holds the changer. you woul also have to purchase a cover for the right side of the boot, it has a cut-out and is shaped to fit around the changer.

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 07:54   #5
BlueTrophy
Loves to post

Volvo V50!

Top man, exactly what I was after. Cheers