Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th May 2020, 18:03   #1
sjc
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 180 Sports +, 2007 completely restored XJ 4.2 LWB Sovereign,Noble M400,LR Discovery 3

Default Well, it looks like I may be in for the third time !

Well after having two V6 75’s over the course of 11 years and 180’000 miles and having the need for an estate I thought I was a bit Rovered out and was looking elsewhere at newer and more expensive V70’s and such like, until a nice MK1 V6 ZT-T full history/ belts done/ virtually one owner turned up, which I may have bought (will know tomorrow).
I’m not a huge contributor to the forum at all( mainly because touchwood my cars have been so reliable ) although I was active some years back when my car was featured here ...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WMAzi6MKxzA

So moving on, the one I may be getting doesn’t appear to be a car from the club, and I can’t remember all the little mods that these cars need.
What I can remember for the Mk1’s are plenum drain covers, handbrake compensator, bonnet cable block, gold fan resistor. Does a certain guru called Jules still supply all this and what else have I forgotten ??!
Also who do I give the chassis number to so they kindly tell me it’s spec and standing ?
And, I understand that the RadioGuy bloke isn’t around, so are the Xtrons units the flavour of the month now?

Anything else to help my memory for these cars will be hugely appreciated !
Old 13th May 2020, 18:11   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Welcome back. I expect of of the experts will be along in a mo with the answers to your questions.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2020, 18:55   #3
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Told you so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc View Post
Well after having two V6 75’s over the course of 11 years and 180’000 miles and having the need for an estate I thought I was a bit Rovered out and was looking elsewhere at newer and more expensive V70’s and such like, until a nice MK1 V6 ZT-T full history/ belts done/ virtually one owner turned up, which I may have bought (will know tomorrow).
I’m not a huge contributor to the forum at all( mainly because touchwood my cars have been so reliable ) although I was active some years back when my car was featured here ...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WMAzi6MKxzA

So moving on, the one I may be getting doesn’t appear to be a car from the club, and I can’t remember all the little mods that these cars need.
What I can remember for the Mk1’s are plenum drain covers, handbrake compensator, bonnet cable block, gold fan resistor. Does a certain guru called Jules still supply all this and what else have I forgotten ??!
Also who do I give the chassis number to so they kindly tell me it’s spec and standing ?
And, I understand that the RadioGuy bloke isn’t around, so are the Xtrons units the flavour of the month now?

Anything else to help my memory for these cars will be hugely appreciated !
The car you had was lovely, I did say that you should have mended it back then but your choice was to sell it. The values are rising now and it's nice to see you back, I hope you get the best you can but....don't treat them as buy and sell items, just cherish one and don't think about running costs.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2020, 19:51   #4
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Welcome back Andy, I remember you from way back
Anyway, build data, pop your vin in here http://www.mg-rover.info/get_info.htm
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2020, 20:39   #5
sjc
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 180 Sports +, 2007 completely restored XJ 4.2 LWB Sovereign,Noble M400,LR Discovery 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Welcome back Andy, I remember you from way back
Anyway, build data, pop your vin in here http://www.mg-rover.info/get_info.htm
Thanks but it appears to be borked !! I keep getting “ you’ve forgotten that Longbridge is called longbridge “ or “ wrong vin “
Old 13th May 2020, 20:42   #6
sjc
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
The car you had was lovely, I did say that you should have mended it back then but your choice was to sell it. The values are rising now and it's nice to see you back, I hope you get the best you can but....don't treat them as buy and sell items, just cherish one and don't think about running costs.
I didn’t mend it as I had secured a 37k Connie SE facelift V6 for £1300 so was happy to let it go ( although did try and buy it back from Jules and Scarramanger a couple of times !).
Running costs I’m ok with, this will bring my road tax alone to over £1500 a year unfortunately!!!
Old 13th May 2020, 20:48   #7
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

pm me the reg number and ill see if I can find the info
Old 13th May 2020, 20:52   #8
sjc
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
pm me the reg number and ill see if I can find the info
Many thanks Sir
Old 14th May 2020, 00:33   #9
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

The Co-Rover virus is hard to shake.
Old 14th May 2020, 15:39   #10
sjc
Posted a thing or two

Well,deal is done !