Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th May 2020, 12:36   #1
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default That time of year Insurance?

Insurance due up in June, current insurer Hastings direct sent a new multi car quote Of £629.27, realising and forgot I am a retired Civil Servant I decided to get a quote from Boundless part of the CSMA, anyway got a quote for £556.91
so rang up Hastings to tell them I would not be renewing, why is that then sir, well I can get it for £72.36 cheaper through a Civil Service Insurance, which goes through the Liverpool And Victoria Insurance Company.

I don't think I can match that says he! tapping away, he comes back and says I can match that price, that's fine by me I replied, he then says is there anything I can do for you, being cheeky I say to him well! could you knock of a couple more quid, let me have a look he replied yes there is a bit of leeway there how does £552.00 sound, I am happy with that.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2020, 13:48   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Insurance due up in June, current insurer Hastings direct sent a new multi car quote Of £629.27, realising and forgot I am a retired Civil Servant I decided to get a quote from Boundless part of the CSMA, anyway got a quote for £556.91
so rang up Hastings to tell them I would not be renewing, why is that then sir, well I can get it for £72.36 cheaper through a Civil Service Insurance, which goes through the Liverpool And Victoria Insurance Company.

I don't think I can match that says he! tapping away, he comes back and says I can match that price, that's fine by me I replied, he then says is there anything I can do for you, being cheeky I say to him well! could you knock of a couple more quid, let me have a look he replied yes there is a bit of leeway there how does £552.00 sound, I am happy with that.

Rev.
That's a good saving, but no doubt Dawn will have spent the saving by the weekend.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2020, 15:49   #3
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

I dropped mine by £100ish merely by calling and querying the quote as it had gone up significantly. Bearing in mind last years insurance cost me just shy of £200 the £100 i saved was what the insurance company had added for no apparent change in circumstances. Robbing gits

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2020, 16:42   #4
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Rev.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2020, 16:55   #5
RoverP480
Gets stuck in

None at the moment

I have in principal not renewed with an existing company when they can find that amount of money to knock of the renewal premium.
RoverP480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2020, 06:55   #6
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Shut ya! face you, you, thing on legs. LOL!.

Rev
Old 15th May 2020, 06:59   #7
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
That's a good saving, but no doubt Dawn will have spent the saving by the weekend.
How right you are, Oh good we can now buy these curtains for the living room. WTF!!!

Rev.
Old 15th May 2020, 23:18   #8
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

At this year's renewal point I had two cars. An MG ZT CDTI and an MG ZS 120 1.8. Aviva wanted to autorenew my multicar insurance for £950, up from £740 last year. No convictions no accidents. I thought no way am I paying that. So after a bit of shopping around I've managed to get them both insured separately with two different companies for less than £550. It's left me enough to get myself a ZT 1.8t to do up for this covid lockdown that I won't be out of till mid July. Moral of the story, never autorenew your insurance, especially with Aviva. They will rob you.
wizzo337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2020, 07:49   #9
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

Never accept your renewal. Renewal quotes are always far more expensive than new business as they rely on complacency and never reward loyalty. It is so easy to shop around for insurance and save a fortune.

I always buy my insurance via a cashback provider such as Quidco or Topcashback. I recently re-insuranced the 75 and our Mazda 6. Both cars were on an Admiral Multicar policy (what a waste of time...) with the renewal coming in at £100 more than last year's premium. I've now insured the cars through esure on two separate policies for over £100 less than my combined renewal and will earn £90 cashback via Quidco on top.