Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th April 2020, 06:50   #152291
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Good morning everyone from very wet Saltash. We have the rarely seen rain falling. Saves me having to water the garden and to top up the two bird baths.

Trip into town to post off some club stock and a couple of birthday cards.

Phoned the garage yesterday and spoke to the boss, they won’t be back to work till the 11th next month so it looks like Banana will have to wait till then.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2020, 07:19   #152292
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, I reckon Jeff has ignored lockdown and has slipped into Norfolk as it’s lashing down here!!
Old 28th April 2020, 08:40   #152293
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Overcast and raining here but fortunately not like it is over with Andy.

The grass was cut yesterday and SWMBO put some seeds in so it's a nice drink for them.

Need to get a triple Phil Collins CD packed up and sent back as Discs 1 &2 are freezing part way through. .

As it's raining there won't be any planters built today .

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2020, 09:40   #152294
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Slightly overcast here, but sun keeps burning through it,a tad cooler ,but still mild.
Old 28th April 2020, 09:43   #152295
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Morning all - a bit dull and overcast here - cool too. To be honest, we could do with some rain - the gardens are parched, and my water butt is empty, so we've been obliged to use the hosepipe, which causes damage to my pocket as we're on a water meter
My farmer mate tell's me his fields are as hard as concrete, despite the heavy storms earlier in the year - he says middle of February was the last 'worthwhile' rain in this area

Last week i put in a repeat prescription request for my usual supply of pills from the surgery - same as I have done for nigh on 15 years now!
There's a space on the website order form for "special notes". I typed in "In view of social distancing and self isolation, and the need for someone to collect the prescription on my behalf, can you please prescribe TWO month's supply of all items?"
Daughter collected from Boots for me last night - only ONE month's supply!
Spoke to the Prescriptions Clerk at my surgery this morning to be told I can't have a double supply, as this would "put too much pressure on the pharmacy".
Where's the logic in that?
A double prescription means that:-
  • The surgery has to issue only one prescription over 8 weeks, rather than two
  • The pharmacy has to process only one prescription over 8 weeks, rather than two
  • The pharmacy has to physically hand over the prescription only once every 8 weeks, rather than twice
  • My relatives have to queue (34 minutes last time) only once every 8 weeks, rather than twice

Surely, I'm reducing the pressure on everyone - rather than increasing it ?????

Baffled of Guisborough

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2020, 09:43   #152296
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
If you start it daily and don't let it run for half an hour you will be taking more out of the battery than if you don't start it at all.---

Even that half an hour is just like putting it on a charger for half an hour. Bit of a waste of time really.---

What is happening is your battery is slowly sulphating up. The only way to try and save it is to give it at least 24 hours on a charger.

PS. Running it up the road won't charge it any faster than if you just let it tick-over.--True.
Already done that a couple of weeks ago and it still wouldn’t start afterwards. I had to charge the leisure battery that normally powers my water and jump start it from that. Car has one of these smart alternators. P I t a .
Old 28th April 2020, 10:12   #152297
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Morning all - a bit dull and overcast here - cool too. To be honest, we could do with some rain - the gardens are parched, and my water butt is empty, so we've been obliged to use the hosepipe, which causes damage to my pocket as we're on a water meter
My farmer mate tell's me his fields are as hard as concrete, despite the heavy storms earlier in the year - he says middle of February was the last 'worthwhile' rain in this area

Last week i put in a repeat prescription request for my usual supply of pills from the surgery - same as I have done for nigh on 15 years now!
There's a space on the website order form for "special notes". I typed in "In view of social distancing and self isolation, and the need for someone to collect the prescription on my behalf, can you please prescribe TWO month's supply of all items?"
Spoke to the Prescriptions Clerk at my surgery this morning to be told I can't have a double supply, as this would "put too much pressure on the pharmacy".
  • The pharmacy has to process only one prescription over 8 weeks, rather than two
  • The pharmacy has to physically hand over the prescription only once every 8 weeks, rather than twice
  • My relatives have to queue (34 minutes last time) only once every 8 weeks, rather than twice

Baffled of Guisborough
Good morning Rod, before I left Bristol for my return flight last month, I put an order in online for the repeat prescription. When we joined the practice we were told by by the GP, it’s standard protocol to issue 2 months supply, this is to help reduce the work load of them doing the repeats, makes sense. The approved prescriptions are sent online to Sainsbury’s pharmacy. It takes about 3-5 days to complete everything from the date of ordering. It might be worth asking your local supermarket pharmacy if they are in a position to supply 2 months. If I may suggest, give them a ring?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2020, 10:19   #152298
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning all, I proceeded on with cleaning the pool, then sweeping and washing down the floors as they get muddy and dirty. It’s just as well we have stone floors. The sun managed to break through the grey, then the birds, butterflies and lizards came out to bask.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2020, 10:25   #152299
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Rod, before I left Bristol for my return flight last month, I put an order in online for the repeat prescription. When we joined the practice we were told by by the GP, it’s standard protocol to issue 2 months supply, this is to help reduce the work load of them doing the repeats, makes sense. The approved prescriptions are sent online to Sainsbury’s pharmacy. It takes about 3-5 days to complete everything from the date of ordering. It might be worth asking your local supermarket pharmacy if they are in a position to supply 2 months. If I may suggest, give them a ring?
I suspect you're reading the situation right Phil - I think it's Boots Pharmacy who are ruling the roost on this one, rather than the Surgery. Boots already insist that we need to place repeat prescription request with the Surgery SEVEN WORKING DAYS (excludes Saturday & Sunday) in advance of the date they are needed - to "give time for processing"

Unfortunately, my nearest supermarket pharmacy is a good 12 miles away

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !

Last edited by reworht; 28th April 2020 at 10:28..
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2020, 11:01   #152300
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post

Baffled of Guisborough
Lesley and me are always given 2 months supply,maybe its a local authority thingy in Smoggyland.

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote