Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th April 2020, 19:04   #1
Andydote
Gets stuck in

ZT CDTI & 220 Turbo

Default Re-importing a UK car...

Hi everyone. Been a while since I've been here but always found it a useful source.

I am after some advice!

I am stuck abroad. Poland, to be specific. Me, my wife and 2 young children. We've been here a month due to the lockdown cancelling our flights.

I've decided to hit the road. Risky, but we should be able to pass through the borders with proof of destination (ferry ticket).

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I have been driving in Europe for many years, both my car and LHD, so it's not travel advice I'm after.

I have found a UK car for sale, close to me here in Poland. The owners drove it here when they moved back. It still has valid MOT in the UK.
But..... They exported it. So they have the V5, minus the export slip. I called the DVLA today but they would only confirm it shows as exported. It hasn't been registered here in Poland yet, so it's a bit of a floater!
I can insure it in the UK.

I want to drive it back. But when I hit Dover I have a good 4 hour drive home.

I wonder if I book it in for a DVLA inspection the day after I get back, will the police throw a wobbly?

Also, what level of assessment would it need? Seeing as it's only just been exported and still has MOT, would it just need a reassessment or a full inspection?

Help!

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...23ce063f6c.jpg

Last edited by Andydote; 16th April 2020 at 19:07..
Andydote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2020, 20:30   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

I am no expert on this matter, but the way you describe the car, I would be perfectly happy driving it back, it has MOT therefore its classed as roadworthy.

You cant do anything about re-registering the car until its back on UK soil.