Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th March 2020, 12:11   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default selfish people

wife was talking to a window cleaner over the phone. The window cleaner has stopped work, she had gone to do a job, been greeted as normal by the occupants only to find out later they were in isolation for having symptoms.

She went to her van, a dog walker stopped to talk to her, only he was not supposed to be out.

She has asthma and her boyfriend wont let her take any more risks.

selfish people not taking precautions and risking others.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 12:20   #2
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

yes quite correct its people like them tho that will never get any illnesses .just blatant disregard,and selfish hope is all ok rgds mark
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 13:49   #3
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

I was in Morrisons Tuesday and a young woman late twenties walked past with a used looking face mask on. She kept touching it and moving it on her face. Later I came across her again, this time she was coughing uncontrollably into the mask holding it with her hand. The mask looked dirty and damp. She then started picking up and looking at tins deciding what she was going to put in her basket, putting back the ones she didn't want. This piece of excrement was obviously suffering from the symptoms and should not have been out. She continued coughing and doing this picking up and putting back around the store.

I told her she was putting vulnerable people at risk and someone could die from her actions. She just shrugged and said nothing.

This week a friend of 39 years died from Coronavirus. He was taken into hospital on Friday morning and his wife Friday afternoon. She was sent home as she didn't need ventilation on Sunday morning, he died Sunday night. She is now on oxygen, 8 bottles were delivered yesterday and a hospital bed and commode today because she cannot manage the stairs now. Help is coming during the day and her police officer daughter is having to live with her mum to look after her so not able to do her job.

I just wish I could have taken her to see their suffering and what I think of that woman the swear filter would go into meltdown, I am so angry about it.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 15:32   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
wife was talking to a window cleaner over the phone. The window cleaner has stopped work, she had gone to do a job, been greeted as normal by the occupants only to find out later they were in isolation for having symptoms.

She went to her van, a dog walker stopped to talk to her, only he was not supposed to be out.

macafee2

Why was the dog walker not supposed to be out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26th March 2020, 20:13   #5
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

macafee2
She should have assumed that everybody she met was contagious and taken the correct precautions herself.

She has obviously ignored all the advice given on the media and put her life in the hands of strangers.----.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 21:56   #6
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Our neighbour seems to have all the symptoms after returning from Spain a couple of weeks ago. His wife is in total denial and reckons he just has a bad cold. She was out shopping yesterday, has been out walking the dogs and even popped around to ask if we has some spare eggs . We both gave her a very wide berth and she reckons we are just being alarmist. He is 70 and she is 65 with health problems.

What will it take to get some people to take notice, there were two men in the layby yesterday chatting and they were a lot closer than 2m, they were in different cars so probably not from the same household.

Personally I am not even touching the post until it has been on the door step for at least 6 hours.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 23:38   #7
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

My mum’s carer has asthma, and from last Sunday she had only been caring for her, as the families of the other two ladies said they were going to manage the care themselves during lockdown for both the sake of herself and her clients, she called me tonight very upset saying she was terrified of getting the virus due to her condition, and her son losing his mum, or her being a carrier and giving it to my mum. So I told her to just stay at home for the time being until restrictions are lifted and I will manage her care myself. There are still people that seem to think this situation is not as serious as it is. I have been shopping and to the post office today and made sure I kept as far away as possible from the shop staff. At the p o, I practically threw the money on the counter for the postage,then apologised to the counter clerk saying I hadn’t intended to throw it, but was just trying to keep away. She was actually grateful and said better that than come too close. At the shop I handed money over at arms length or placed the money on the counter and stood well back. When I go to mum’s tomorrow I have protective gloves but no mask, so will have to use a scarf instead and not make contact with her, although I do need to take her for her daily exercise so she will need to link my arm as she can’t walk unaided.
Old 27th March 2020, 01:38   #8
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Cash is probably one of the objects most likely to retransmit the infection, as it gets handled by so many people so frequently. For the duration of this pandemic, I would opt to pay for in-store transactions by using contactless as much as possible, or else - given that washing your hands with soap is unlikely to be an option in a retail setting - use a minimum 70% alcohol sanitiser on your hands immediately after touching it.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2020, 07:19   #9
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

new paper money is "plastic" I met someone that was washing it

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2020, 11:01   #10
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

They had the right idea. The virus can remain viable on plastic and steel for up to three days, as opposed to 24 hours on copper or paper.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote