Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th February 2020, 21:14   #11
lionatus
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

Forgive me if i'm wrong but that pic looks like the petrol one not the diesel. The diesel has a LOT more rubber look at MAtts DMGRS site to see the difference. It might be a stock image but if you have that its the petrol not the diesel. As for powerflex DON't they can't seem to get the RED diesel one now and you end up with the overhard yellow petrol one which I currently run due to the fact I can't afford to buy a new diesel one from Matt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Trident View Post
lionatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 21:15   #12
lionatus
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

Excellent how to but yellow is petrol the diesel one you can't get anymore was the diesel one. I know I've got a yellow one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Mike
The original genuine one with the letter T was the preferred choice, no longer available as apparently the mould was lost or destroyed? so if you purchase one from rimmer or even here in the link below it will now come with a Dot on it, this as the sellers say is because the mould was used for the petrol 1.8/2.0 but with the diesel compound.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-R...kAAOSwBahU0L7h

Now we have to believe these sellers that's our only choice, it seems also they have added £25 to the price from when you could get the original mount with the letter T

I have used powerflex with great success I always used the original insert because the insert that come with the powerflex in my opinion it to harsh.

The original centre insert as a nylon bush.

Some members said they could feel a bit or vibration I could never on my car, when I used the powerflex
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZT-ZT-...IAAOSwLqFV9pxt

The jag / Mondeo mount is another option but I would not fit one of those with out modifying the mount bracket it's self as it catches on the mount alloy if not and a knocking occurs.

If you can get hold of the Chinese mount with KKH90136A on these fair better than the one I suspect you have on which would be (TR0VKKH101372)

Jag mounts

Some people have ground down the alloy mount as here below, it works a bit but still catches on the bracket, and in my opinion also weakens the area around the little insert.

You can see on this bench mock up.

If you modify the bracket instead then the Jag mount would be good, but its not easy getting the bracket off the car, indeed quite troublesome. unless it could be ground down in situ never tried it.

The result is this.

As opposed to this.

so them are our choices I am afraid. Arctic.
Old 24th February 2020, 21:19   #13
lionatus
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

Wow Matt last time I got one of these a couple of years ago they were 40 notes well done matey. After a sell or 2 on ebay I can get a replacement that is ACTUALLY for my car. Looking at ppics there's less rubber from recollection. weren't there 3 blades of rubber not 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGRS View Post
A fiver more, a no quibble 3 year warranty and from a trusted supplier:
https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/products/pre...g-zt-kkh101383

I've had one fitted for over 100,000 miles between two MG ZT-Ts (one auto, one manual - moved the mount when I swapped cars) and it's still going strong.
Originally designed for the V6, but seems absolutely fine on mine 5 years later...
Old 24th February 2020, 22:03   #14
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionatus View Post
Forgive me if i'm wrong but that pic looks like the petrol one not the diesel. The diesel has a LOT more rubber look at MAtts DMGRS site to see the difference. It might be a stock image but if you have that its the petrol not the diesel. As for powerflex DON't they can't seem to get the RED diesel one now and you end up with the overhard yellow petrol one which I currently run due to the fact I can't afford to buy a new diesel one from Matt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionatus View Post
Excellent how to but yellow is petrol the diesel one you can't get anymore was the diesel one. I know I've got a yellow one.
Hi Alan.
I had part in the development of the yellow mount for the diesel, originally the mount was RED as you say, but because it was to soft it tore out of the mount.

Therefore the solid yellow mount you are referring to for the petrol engines 1.8/ 2.0/2.5 was redesigned but with three slots in to make it less harsh for the diesel cars, powerflex sent me two which we had on test for quite a long time before they put them out for sale.

Your yellow mount does it have the slots or not. ?

Diesel powerflex.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZT-ZT-...IAAOSwLqFV9pxt

Petrol powerflex.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Rover...gAAOSw74FXPULX

The RED powerflex back in 2012 when we found out about how weak they were photo of Rob (trebor) mount.

yellow one for the diesel with original insert not the one sent with the powerflex mount.

I did a massive thread on these mounts and other but most of it got swallowed up by PB closing (Tinypic)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 24th February 2020 at 22:08..
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 22:11   #15
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Quote:
Very informative arctic.

Next question, would you by any chance have a spare one that could be fitted with the powerflex bush, so that I could go to my garage and say "fit that"?

In fact, could you put one together for me? And I will pay you for doing it?

Mike
Quote:
Would I be right in thinking I will no longer have the nylon bush as it will have been thrown away with the old removed part?
Hi Mike.
I can do that for you, have the powerflex sent to me I have spare alloy mounts & inserts, in fact I will drop you a PM cheers Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Old 25th February 2020, 15:18   #16
JerseySteve
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

As a matter of interest, with your experience, would you normally change the small bush too at the same time?
JerseySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2020, 16:24   #17
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySteve View Post
As a matter of interest, with your experience, would you normally change the small bush too at the same time?
Hi Steve.
That is an easy question to answer (NO) I have never change the small bush as I have never seen one damaged in any way, only the large one seems to wear out.

ad altiora tendo.

Old 28th February 2020, 23:12   #18
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Contact MGRoverSpares in Sandy as they have the original diesel mount with M stamped/moulded on it. It will cost decent money as it is not Chinese!!!!
It has the necessary gaps in the rubber structure to absorb all diesel vibes non of the others will work satisfactory. I speak from very recent experience and I have a DMGRS one for sale to suit a V6 or a 1.8

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2020, 18:59   #19
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

Just to let everyone know, I had the powerflex lower rear engine mount fitted today.
Success! That cured the thud problem.

Many thanks to Steve (arctic) for his help.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2020, 18:00   #20
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickernick View Post
Contact MGRoverSpares in Sandy as they have the original diesel mount with M stamped/moulded on it. It will cost decent money as it is not Chinese!!!!
It has the necessary gaps in the rubber structure to absorb all diesel vibes non of the others will work satisfactory. I speak from very recent experience and I have a DMGRS one for sale to suit a V6 or a 1.8
I believe the original mount had T cast on it.---

My diesel one has the letter T.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote